• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thoreric

thoreric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:03 AM

I tried to install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD on my laptop with Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium SP1. I got a lot of errors, and I failed in installing the software. I opened a support ticket with Roxio, and first I got some suggestions that maybe could have solved my issue. But it didn't. So I updated my support ticket and after that they where only comming with suggestions that where bull---t.

So I had to find the solution myself. The problem was that I hade Nero 8 installed on my computer. I removed Nero, and then I managed to install the software.

I am wondering why the support agents at Roxio don't know what they are talking about. After this experience with Roxio's support service, I will never even consider buying Roxio Software.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Edited to remove childish language - jeh

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 28 April 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:24 AM

I guess no one suggested that solution because it wasnít the problem and did not contribute to installing Roxio in any way shape or formÖ

Several of the Guruís here also nave Nero installed and no one has had any problem installing 2009 or V2D with it installed.

It would appear that you had some other reason for the problem and cleaned it up along the way.

Mind your  language or your posts will be deleted.

Posted Image

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (thoreric @ Apr 28 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to install Roxio Easy VHS to DVD on my laptop with Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium SP1. I got a lot of errors, and I failed in installing the software. I opened a support ticket with Roxio, and first I got some suggestions that maybe could have solved my issue. But it didn't. So I updated my support ticket and after that they where only comming with suggestions that where bull---t.

So I had to find the solution myself. The problem was that I hade Nero 8 installed on my computer. I removed Nero, and then I managed to install the software.

I am wondering why the support agents at Roxio don't know what they are talking about. After this experience with Roxio's support service, I will never even consider buying Roxio Software.  angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

Edited to remove childish language - jeh

I have had Nero products installed along side Roxio way back to the Adaptec V 4 days and never had a problem!

Only problem I know of was having Nero InCD, Roxio Direct CD, or Roxio Drag to Disc installed on the same pc at one time...

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,809 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

BTW JEH---How do you like Roxio's VHS to DVD ???  blink.gif

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,105 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (REDWAGON @ Apr 28 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW JEH---How do you like Roxio's VHS to DVD ???  blink.gif

Frank...

For $60 and hardware included???

Itís a WOW!!!

VCC is missing as well as anything DATA, otherwise it is Creator 2009.

Posted Image

#6 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,809 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Apr 28 2009, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For $60 and hardware included???

Itís a WOW!!!

VCC is missing as well as anything DATA, otherwise it is Creator 2009.

To be honest Jim, I was being a little facisious with my comment.  rolleyes.gif  I suggest that after some of these users decide to throw in the towel because they have an installation problem that is probably really not the fault of the software, they have, as you suggested missed out on a "WOW" bargin !!  wink.gif

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users