• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hannie

Hannie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

In a description of How to make a bootable CD Roxio's Creator version 6 is used. I have Creator version 9 in which I cannot find the following subjects:
1. Load Segment
2. Sector Count
3. Bootable Disc Type: No Emulation
4. File Filter>Alle Files>Hidden files and System files (should be unchecked)
Can anyone tell me where to find these options (the possibilities with the button Options are very limited)

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,326 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Try clicking on the Advanced button, it's all there.
Posted Image

#3 Hannie

Hannie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ May 4 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try clicking on the Advanced button, it's all there.

Hello Jim,
This answer makes me a little sad and angry mad.gif because I am not that stupid. Of course I have clicked the Advanced button, but the only options I get are:
Publishers Name, Prepared by, App ID, Use Original file Date, Spanning.  (Nowhere do I find the options I need like Add hidden files etc. (read my original question). The Data Options button only gives me TAO/DAO, File System options.
I have Roxio Creator 9 LE. I do not know what the LE means, maybe it means it is a limited (light?) version with only a few options.
Hannie

#4 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:39 PM

When an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] buys the rights to use a program as a freebie with a computer or burner, they also say which features they want to have in it.  This usually means a reduced program lacking a lot of often-important items.

Yes, EMC 9 LE, like EMC 9 DE and EMC 9 XE, is NOT a full program llike the kind you buy seperately in a store or download from Roxio.

Lynn

#5 Big_Dave

Big_Dave

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

EMC 9 Creator Classic once you click on Project, Bootable Disk will bring up a window that will show you the information that you are interested in.  Additionally, look under Help, Index and enter boot.  You should be able to find more information on boot.

As Lynn mentioned, "LE" versions often leave out functionality since they are low cost stripped down versions of the software and are also supportted only by the PC manufacturer supplying those versions.

The newest version, Creator 2009 will also show the same information. If you should decide to buy the newest version from Roxio (download), I would recommend a "clean install".

VISTA Home Premium +SP2 32 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit sp1 and 64 bit sp1, XP Pro --->multiboot
Creator 2012 Pro + Creator 2011 Blu-ray plugin

DIY Asus P8P67, Intel i7-2600k 4.4 OC'd ghz, Corsair 8gb XMS3 DDR3 1600, NVIDIA 550 TI 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb SATA III, dual Hitachi 1.5TB SATA III
HP DV7-4100t Intel i3-M380 2.5 ghz, 4gb, Crucial C300 128 gb SSD
HP DV9700T Duo 2 T9300 2.5 ghz, 4gb, GF 8600m GS 512 mb, TS-L632N DVD/CD
HP e9280t i7-960 3.2 ghz, 12gb, GTX 460 1gb, HP BD-RE BH20L, Vertex 3 120GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium, Sony PS3

#6 Hannie

Hannie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Big_Dave @ May 9 2009, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EMC 9 Creator Classic once you click on Project, Bootable Disk will bring up a window that will show you the information that you are interested in.  Additionally, look under Help, Index and enter boot.  You should be able to find more information on boot.

As Lynn mentioned, "LE" versions often leave out functionality since they are low cost stripped down versions of the software and are also supportted only by the PC manufacturer supplying those versions.

The newest version, Creator 2009 will also show the same information. If you should decide to buy the newest version from Roxio (download), I would recommend a "clean install".

Thank you both for your reactions. I'm afraid you are right when you say that the LE-version lacks a lot of options. It means my version is useless for the purpose of making a CD bootable even when there is a tab Make Bootable CD in this version.
I do appreciate your contribution.
Hannie

#7 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

Before dashing out to get Creator 2009, be sure your computer VASTLY EXCEEDS the "minimum requirements", which are rather a joke.

You might be able to pick up (two Versions older) EMC 9 used someplace like amazon.com or eBay or similar.

Lynn

#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,079 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

Download the free-ImgBurn Current version: 2.4.4.0 CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application, #9 in my signature.

This guide should help, http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=1779.

What you want is at the bottom of the page, Bootable Disc.

cd

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#9 Hannie

Hannie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ May 13 2009, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Download the free-ImgBurn Current version: 2.4.4.0 CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application, #9 in my signature.

cd

Hello cdanteek
Thank you for your tip. I will certainly try this (when I have time) and let you know if it worked.
Greetings,
Hannie

#10 Hannie

Hannie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ May 13 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cd

The solution, at last,
As I promised, I will let you and other readers know about the progress I have made so far.
Imgburn (they really deserve a donation) worked fine, I was able to add the items needed to make a CD bootable (this was not possible with Roxio EC9 LE). After booting from CD-device I get the setup menu of Windows XP. I have put XP (Upgrade) with SP3 (slipstreamed) on the bootable CD.
But there is still a problem. Setup asks to place the disk named CD-Rom with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 in station A:. I do not have a floppydisk device, but how do I change station A: to D:?
I used Boot.ima to make the CD bootable.
One week later: finally I found the solution. I used the program nLite to build an ISO file. This program leads you through the necessary steps to make the CD bootable. Then you add folders and files (in my case the Win-XP CD). It worked rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hannie, 22 May 2009 - 10:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users