• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rich2go

rich2go

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

I have Roxio Creator 9.0 Deluxe running on a Vista computer.
I have the DVC90 input device, downloaded the latest driver, installed and system confirmed that it was recognized.
The light on the DVC90 is on.  Device Manager says that the Dazzle DVC90 is working properly.
I rebooted my computer.
I start C9 and select "Convert LPs and Tapes"

I still get the error message: No recording device found.

I click OK and the Converter loads but there is nothing in the "Capture From" or "Input" drop down to choose from.
I tried looking for help on error message, but couldn't find anything.

Could someone tell me what is going on here?

Thanks,

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,541 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (rich2go @ May 31 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have Roxio Creator 9.0 Deluxe running on a Vista computer.
I have the DVC90 input device, downloaded the latest driver, installed and system confirmed that it was recognized.
The light on the DVC90 is on.  Device Manager says that the Dazzle DVC90 is working properly.
I rebooted my computer.
I start C9 and select "Convert LPs and Tapes"

I still get the error message: No recording device found.

I click OK and the Converter loads but there is nothing in the "Capture From" or "Input" drop down to choose from.
I tried looking for help on error message, but couldn't find anything.

Could someone tell me what is going on here?

Thanks,

I don't know if it will help but have you installed the 9.1 update?  Read the page before you do the install; you may lose a couple of things.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 rich2go

rich2go

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (sknis @ Jun 1 2009, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if it will help but have you installed the 9.1 update?  Read the page before you do the install; you may lose a couple of things.

Installing 9.1 did not help.  But I did lose Backup MyPC.  Not really worth the upgrade cost.  

One of the Device Managers is identified as "DVC90 Audio Device," but it is not seen by any of the Roxio applications.  
The Media Import sees the "DVC90 Video Device", but not the audio device.

The "LP and Tape Converter" doesn't even see the systems own audio board which has a "Mic In".

What good is any of this if it does see anything?

Could someone please tell me what devices ARE recognized the "LP and Tape Converter?"

Thanks,

Richard..

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

It recognizes devices that have proper drivers installed.

Pinnacle has 32bit Vista drivers for the DVC90 – Here

You say you have latest but didn’t mention a version number, so it could be anything…

Posted Image

#5 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Jun 3 2009, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It recognizes devices that have proper drivers installed.

Pinnacle has 32bit Vista drivers for the DVC90 – Here

You say you have latest but didn’t mention a version number, so it could be anything…

Jim, I'm trying to recall, does the DVC90 support recording as an audio device?  I don't think I ever tried that.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (d_deweywright @ Jun 3 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jim, I'm trying to recall, does the DVC90 support recording as an audio device?  I don't think I ever tried that.

I never could get it to work so I never had any 1st hand experience with it  laugh.gif

But now that you mention it, I do seem to recall that it was a Video product and did not do stand alone Audio Capture!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Posted Image

#7 rich2go

rich2go

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

When I was attempting to get the DVC90 to work.  I did go to the Pinnacle website and downloaded the latest driver.

If the "LP and Tape Converter" does not recognize the "DVC90 Audio Device" and it does not recognize the systems own Audio board "Mic In", then I ask again...

What devices does it recognize?  Has anyone been able to use any Audio Device on this program?

Certainly, there must be some of you folks out there who have old cassette tapes that you converted to digital using the "LP and Tape Converter."  Please speak up.

I certainly do not want to start buy up umpteen different audio boards or plug ins just to see which one Roxio recognizes.  

Thanks,

Richard..

#8 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (rich2go @ Jun 3 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I was attempting to get the DVC90 to work.  I did go to the Pinnacle website and downloaded the latest driver.

If the "LP and Tape Converter" does not recognize the "DVC90 Audio Device" and it does not recognize the systems own Audio board "Mic In", then I ask again...

What devices does it recognize?  Has anyone been able to use any Audio Device on this program?

Certainly, there must be some of you folks out there who have old cassette tapes that you converted to digital using the "LP and Tape Converter."  Please speak up.

I certainly do not want to start buy up umpteen different audio boards or plug ins just to see which one Roxio recognizes.  

Thanks,

Richard..

Well, I had no problems with it (EMC9) finding my old Ensoniq sound card, but then I was running Windows 2000.  You're running Vista.  EMC 10 and susequently EMC 2009 has had no problems with various USB audio devices or any of the sound cards I've had.  

Does Vista show  your PC's audio board/chip okay?  I've heard that Vista handles audio differently than XP did, so I'm not qualified to do much more than guess and ask questions.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (d_deweywright @ Jun 3 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I had no problems with it (EMC9) finding my old Ensoniq sound card, but then I was running Windows 2000.  You're running Vista.  EMC 10 and susequently EMC 2009 has had no problems with various USB audio devices or any of the sound cards I've had.  

Does Vista show  your PC's audio board/chip okay?  I've heard that Vista handles audio differently than XP did, so I'm not qualified to do much more than guess and ask questions.

In Vista it has to have Recording Enabled for Mic or Line In to work.

The driver is of no use, the device was not intended for Audio Only so there is nothing in the driver that will make it work…

Posted Image

#10 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,158 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (rich2go @ Jun 3 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you running this on a laptop computer?  I only ask because having a only a Mic In jack is typical of a laptop, as opposed to most desktop systems which also have a Line In jack.
Dave D-W

XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#11 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:29 AM

I had the DVC90 working in both XP and Vista and it will not work as an Audio only capture device.
It has an Audio and a Video driver for use as a video capture device.
I wasn't able to capture audio only until C2009 with the SP's.

In Vista you have to make sure that all the audio devices you have are enabled to work.
Go to the Control Panel,Sound and go to the Recording tab.
Right click any device you see and select Show Disabled Devices.
Now look and see if any of the missing inputs are there.
If so right click them and select Enable.
Now go back and see if Roxio shows anything new.

Edited by tbrewst, 04 June 2009 - 05:32 AM.

RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,672 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:44 AM

Thank you Terry!
Posted Image

#13 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

Hope something there helps.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#14 rich2go

rich2go

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

Great!  That was it.  The device was disabled in the control panel.  Once enabled, it started working and the "LP and Tape Converter" recognized it.

Thank you,

Richard..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users