• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

After years of using Creator Classic, last night I went out and purchased  Easy Media Creator 8 Suite because I liked some of its options.

Haven't had much luck with anything yet.  Have tried to render/burn a DVD and also create the folders on my hard drive.  In both cases I get no audio.  the audio is in the preview in myDVD, but it is not included on DVD.  Also, I'm missing the normal AUDIO_TS folder (replaced by a folder called Roxioplasma).

I've read here that another user seemed to have similar problem.  He just returned the software. I really would like to get it to work.  I've done a great deal of DVD work, including editing, rendering, burning, etc.

Any suggestions on where my audio is going?  I also saw a great many hotfixes on the site.  Haven't touched any becuase I'm not sure they are my problem.

The audio is my main concern right now.  But, I did experience issues with by myDVD and CinePlayer... "Roxio ___ has encountered a problem and needs to close."  Don't know what that's all about either.

One problem at a time.  myDVD has gone through the rendering and burning. The DVD plays in the TV DVD player, but not sound.  Same when playing on CinePlayer on PC.  The volume icon is crossed out.

Sure would appreciate some help...  Thanks.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,612 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:39 PM

View Postdstrege8, on May 16 2006, 09:24 PM, said:

After years of using Creator Classic, last night I went out and purchased  Easy Media Creator 8 Suite because I liked some of its options.

Haven't had much luck with anything yet.  Have tried to render/burn a DVD and also create the folders on my hard drive.  In both cases I get no audio.  the audio is in the preview in myDVD, but it is not included on DVD.  Also, I'm missing the normal AUDIO_TS folder (replaced by a folder called Roxioplasma).

I've read here that another user seemed to have similar problem.  He just returned the software. I really would like to get it to work.  I've done a great deal of DVD work, including editing, rendering, burning, etc.

Any suggestions on where my audio is going?  I also saw a great many hotfixes on the site.  Haven't touched any becuase I'm not sure they are my problem.

The audio is my main concern right now.  But, I did experience issues with by myDVD and CinePlayer... "Roxio ___ has encountered a problem and needs to close."  Don't know what that's all about either.

One problem at a time.  myDVD has gone through the rendering and burning. The DVD plays in the TV DVD player, but not sound.  Same when playing on CinePlayer on PC.  The volume icon is crossed out.

Sure would appreciate some help...  Thanks.

If you ever check any DVD movie, you will see that the Audio_TS folder is empty.  The audio is in the video, itself.  The Roxioplasma folder is the dummy folder for the Audio_TS.  It is normal.

I don't know why you are not getting audio in the burned DVD, but try burning it to an image (ISO) file first, then to a DVD, using Disc Copier.  See if it works that way.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,941 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:33 AM

The audio_ts folder is not used for video DVDs. It is part of the Audio DVD standard. Why it is included on a video DVD is bit of a puzzle.

make sure you have updated your audio drivers and DirectX.  Videowave and MyDVD use DirectX extensively.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#4 ivanatrox

ivanatrox

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

If you use CinePlayer to play back the Video_TS folder on your hard drive, there is no audio either?

Ivan
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !

#5 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:06 AM

View Postivanatrox, on May 17 2006, 05:38 AM, said:

If you use CinePlayer to play back the Video_TS folder on your hard drive, there is no audio either?

Ivan

No.  There is no audio.  I tried  an image file (ISO) last night, as grandpabruce suggested. That made no difference.

While I was looking through the variou settings, I noticed in a rendering window the two options (Hardware) or (Software).  Hardware was selected.  So I selected "Software" and reburned (to hard drive) over night.  I didn't have a chance to check this morning before going to work.

Does anyone think that makes the difference.  I couldn't see these options mentioned in the Owners Manual. It just referenced looking at the myDVD Help Center, which I guess is in the program.

Can anyone give me a brief difference in those two options.  Maybe tonight I will find that my selecting "software" something will have changed.  Unfortunately I have to wait until I get home tonight to find out...

#6 brsashley@ctc.net

brsashley@ctc.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

View Postdstrege8, on May 18 2006, 05:06 AM, said:

No.  There is no audio.  I tried  an image file (ISO) last night, as grandpabruce suggested. That made no difference.

While I was looking through the variou settings, I noticed in a rendering window the two options (Hardware) or (Software).  Hardware was selected.  So I selected "Software" and reburned (to hard drive) over night.  I didn't have a chance to check this morning before going to work.

Does anyone think that makes the difference.  I couldn't see these options mentioned in the Owners Manual. It just referenced looking at the myDVD Help Center, which I guess is in the program.

Can anyone give me a brief difference in those two options.  Maybe tonight I will find that my selecting "software" something will have changed.  Unfortunately I have to wait until I get home tonight to find out...

Its doing the same thing for me, the audio is there when I preview it but now after I burn.  I am new to all this so I am totally confused at this point.

#7 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

View Postbrsashley@ctc.net, on May 18 2006, 11:01 AM, said:

Its doing the same thing for me, the audio is there when I preview it but now after I burn.  I am new to all this so I am totally confused at this point.

Well brsashley@ctc.net, I hate to tell you, but I've had no luck getting this software to work.  I've reset everything I can find to change and try, and still end up with video and no sound.

On top of that, when I try to use DivX DVD's (and one or two other programs), when I hit the "Add movie" the program gives me a sorry message and says it has to shut down.  I hate to tell you what i'm starting to think of this software.  Wish I could get my money back, but I've tried to make it work too long now.

Also, can't seem to get any answers on this forum.  Sounds like no one really knows, other than it doesn't work.

My video drivers and DX 9.0c are all installed and working great with every other program.  Roxio has really let me know this time.  I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has any other ideas...

#8 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:44 AM

View Postdstrege8, on May 18 2006, 05:26 PM, said:

Well brsashley@ctc.net, I hate to tell you, but I've had no luck getting this software to work.  I've reset everything I can find to change and try, and still end up with video and no sound.

On top of that, when I try to use DivX DVD's (and one or two other programs), when I hit the "Add movie" the program gives me a sorry message and says it has to shut down.  I hate to tell you what i'm starting to think of this software.  Wish I could get my money back, but I've tried to make it work too long now.

Also, can't seem to get any answers on this forum.  Sounds like no one really knows, other than it doesn't work.

My video drivers and DX 9.0c are all installed and working great with every other program.  Roxio has really let me know this time.  I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has any other ideas...

As a follow-up to my above referenced problems, last night I installed ALL of the hotfixes, whether or not they appeared to apply to my specific problems.  Yeh... I can now "Add movie" in Disc Copy.  i haven't tried any other modules--thought I would just take it one step at a time.  I decided to render from this program and see if my audio shows up.

I'll return tonight after I find out if my sound has returned to my DVD burns.  Suggestion to others (this is probably so obvious to everyone, yet I just figured out...?)  Rather than burning to disc, I'm saving to image file on hard drive.  I found that the same discs that had to sound after burned, also had no sound when played from my hard drive.  I've stopped wasting disks and can hopefullying resolved sound issues before trying another burn.

Do any of the guru's have any new thoughts on my missing audio.  Summary--It doesn't make any sense that if I can preview in myDVD WITH SOUND, that that same sound should burn to DVD format... (?)  I'm stumped...

Thanks in advance...

#9 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:45 AM

View Postdstrege8, on May 19 2006, 05:44 AM, said:

As a follow-up to my above referenced problems, last night I installed ALL of the hotfixes, whether or not they appeared to apply to my specific problems.  Yeh... I can now "Add movie" in Disc Copy.  i haven't tried any other modules--thought I would just take it one step at a time.  I decided to render from this program and see if my audio shows up.

I'll return tonight after I find out if my sound has returned to my DVD burns.  Suggestion to others (this is probably so obvious to everyone, yet I just figured out...?)  Rather than burning to disc, I'm saving to image file on hard drive.  I found that the same discs that had to sound after burned, also had no sound when played from my hard drive.  I've stopped wasting disks and can hopefullying resolved sound issues before trying another burn.

Do any of the guru's have any new thoughts on my missing audio.  Summary--It doesn't make any sense that if I can preview in myDVD WITH SOUND, that that same sound should burn to DVD format... (?)  I'm stumped...

Thanks in advance...

I'm not sure if anyone is evening following this thread, but thought I would follow up... As of this morning, I am back to being unable to "Add move" to the modules. After I ran all of the hotfixes last night, it allowed me to.  but this morning, back to the same problem.  I tried rerunning the hotfixes again, and this time they didn't work.  Not sure why they worked last night, and more important, why they didn't stick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

#10 dstrege8

dstrege8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:44 AM

View Postdstrege8, on May 20 2006, 06:45 AM, said:

I'm not sure if anyone is evening following this thread, but thought I would follow up... As of this morning, I am back to being unable to "Add move" to the modules. After I ran all of the hotfixes last night, it allowed me to.  but this morning, back to the same problem.  I tried rerunning the hotfixes again, and this time they didn't work.  Not sure why they worked last night, and more important, why they didn't stick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

:) I felt obligated to end this thread (as long as I started it, and spent most of the time writing back and forth to myself) with the resolution of the problem.  I've removed MC8 from my system and replaced it with a more reliable and stable (and cheaper on) program.  And, it works like a charm!

#11 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,612 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

View Postdstrege8, on May 25 2006, 06:44 AM, said:

:) I felt obligated to end this thread (as long as I started it, and spent most of the time writing back and forth to myself) with the resolution of the problem.  I've removed MC8 from my system and replaced it with a more reliable and stable (and cheaper on) program.  And, it works like a charm!

I don't blame you.  I guess no one has experienced the problems that you were having and got them resolved. :huh:
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users