Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:35 AM

I get an Interface Error - 50    The connection is not stable   error

Could anyone help me out with this?

#2 ivanatrox

ivanatrox

• Administrators
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:11 AM

assuming you are using an external burner.

are you able to save a disc image with Popcorn?

Ivan
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !

#3 danjc1109

danjc1109

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:57 AM

it is an external drive,  I think i can make a disk image?

#4 kheffern

kheffern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

Hey, I had this problem also, and I discovered that it was just my La Cie external DVD drive hating the Memorex blanks I was trying to use.  I switched to Fujis and everything worked fine.

http://www.videohelp.com has a section on DVD drives and their specs and eccentricities, including those weird inexplicable incompatibilities between drives and blank media.  You might want to look up what they have to say about your drive.

So grab a different brand of blank and give it a try.  Good luck!

#5 corrwill

corrwill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

View Postkheffern, on Jun 23 2006, 06:31 AM, said:

Hey, I had this problem also, and I discovered that it was just my La Cie external DVD drive hating the Memorex blanks I was trying to use.  I switched to Fujis and everything worked fine.

http://www.videohelp.com has a section on DVD drives and their specs and eccentricities, including those weird inexplicable incompatibilities between drives and blank media.  You might want to look up what they have to say about your drive.

So grab a different brand of blank and give it a try.  Good luck!

I was having the same problem and did all different things to fix it. I knew the connection wasn't bad because the burner was working with CD's. I tried different DVD brands but that didn't work either. I was doing the firmware thing that someone suggested and that wasn't working for me ...at least the way I was doing it.

Since I had a Lacie DVD burner on my mac I decided to try the downloads secion on their website. I found one called "LaCie DVD Update Tool 1.4 for Mac" which actually updated my firmware for me. And low and behold IT FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Hope this helps anyone else who is having the same problem. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users