• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
bigtex

Diff Between Creator 2009 and EMC10

Question

I am wanting to build, edit DVD's with menu's... I have been using VideoLab 10 but it wont run anymore, so I need

to upgrade.

Both Creator and EMC seem to use the Videowave for editing movies/projects. Right?

Do they both allow me to build menus and have customizable templates for me to start with?

If they both have these features, then what are their differences? Because if they both offer

these features to me, then it makes no difference to me becuz that is all I have a need for.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

I am wanting to build, edit DVD's with menu's... I have been using VideoLab 10 but it wont run anymore, so I need

to upgrade.

Both Creator and EMC seem to use the Videowave for editing movies/projects. Right?

Do they both allow me to build menus and have customizable templates for me to start with?

If they both have these features, then what are their differences? Because if they both offer

these features to me, then it makes no difference to me becuz that is all I have a need for.

Thanks in advance.

Both EMC 10 and Creator 2009 will do video work. In that area, Creator 2009 is the newer version, so has some enhancements and fixes that v10 doesn't. Additionally, you can't get EMC 10 anymore unless you find it at a retail store somewhere. Roxio doesn't sell it online. They only offer the most current version, Creator 2009.

If you're having issues with VideoLab 10, then upgrading to EMC 10 or Creator 2009 isn't going to fix whatever issue you're having. Especially EMC 10, since VideoLab 10 is based on the same code set as EMC 10.

Creator 2009 Ultimate will also do work with high definition and blu-ray, if that's a route you are going when you burn projects onto DVD.

Of course, you can always purchase just Creator 2009. But you will need the high def/blu-ray plugin. (both of these items equal the total of creator 2009 ultimate)

You'll need a blu-ray burner for this.

Creator 2009 Ultimate will also do work with high definition and blu-ray, if that's a route you are going when you burn projects onto DVD.

Of course, you can always purchase just Creator 2009. But you will need the high def/blu-ray plugin. (both of these items equal the total of creator 2009 ultimate)

You'll need a blu-ray burner for this.

Red, you are replying to long dead threads (that almost rhymes ;) ). Many people post once and never come back so your posts may be fruitless. Check the dates and perhaps only reply to threads that are 1-2 weeks old. An exception is one where no one has been able to come up with an answer (zero reply threads).

The most updated information, FYI is the $50 Creator 2009 deal that includes the blu- ray plug in. Also you didn't mention AVCHD discs which can be burned with a standard DVD burner but must be played on a Blu-ray player that will also play AVCHD disc.

Sign in to follow this