• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ccrn

My ability to edit and mute video clips is gone

Question

I brought my computer to Geek Squad and asked them to do maintenance on my computer before it crashed. I had the deluxe version of Roxio Photo Show 5, but lost many features. I'm not all that computer literate compared to some, but what happened??? I contacted tech support and received an automated response which I found useless, and I spoke to a sales rep and he told me he can reupgrade me for a fee??? What's with that? I already paid for it and it's gone now. What do I need to do?

1 answer to this question

1) Take the computer back to Geek Squad; they screwed it up. Take your install disc with you. Log on to your Roxio account and you can get the CD code if you don't have it. I'm guessing that you have others things that are not working right but you may not have noticed. I bet they did a registry clean and deleted some necessary entries. Hopefully, they made a copy of the registry and put it on your computer somewhere so it can be restored.

2) Never go to Geek Squad again. Take it to a reputable computer repair shop that is BBB approved.

3) Always, always, always make a disc copy of anything you download if you don't want to pay the extra cost of a disc or of an extended download.