• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kostas6

Disk won't close "Target Timeout"

Question

I'm using Roxio 7.5 and am trying to burn a dvd video from an hp DVD-R 4.7GB disk with 3.9GB of used space to a TDK DVD+R 4.7GB disk. I have a Dell Gen 2 XPS pc with 500 GB hard drive and 2 gig of ram. Installed is a dual layer Philips DVD+- RW model # DVD 8801 and a dvd burner Teac DVD + RW model # DV-W58E. When I burn using Disk Copier from the dual layer Philips to the Teac it reaches to 91% complete. Then it takes about a good 40 minutes to close the disk which afterwards a window pops up and says "Target Timeout 0x21000001". If I burn from the Teac to the Philips dual layer after a few minutes a window pops up saying ("Seek, Synch, Atip or mechanical error." [03/02/00]). All firmware updates are installed on both drivers and I do not have Nero installed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by kostas6

3 answers to this question

I'm using Roxio 7.5 and am trying to burn a dvd video from an hp DVD-R 4.7GB disk with 3.9GB of used space to a TDK DVD+R 4.7GB disk. I have a Dell Gen 2 XPS pc with 500 GB hard drive and 2 gig of ram. Installed is a dual layer Philips DVD+- RW model # DVD 8801 and a dvd burner Teac DVD + RW model # DV-W58E. When I burn using Disk Copier from the dual layer Philips to the Teac it reaches to 91% complete. Then it takes about a good 40 minutes to close the disk which afterwards a window pops up and says "Target Timeout 0x21000001". If I burn from the Teac to the Philips dual layer after a few minutes a window pops up saying ("Seek, Synch, Atip or mechanical error." [03/02/00]). All firmware updates are installed on both drivers and I do not have Nero installed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried

- making an .ISO copy on the Hard Drive ad burning from that?

- using the same burner as both origin and destination? (The system will store the info on the Hard Drive)

Going to/from the Hard Drive is like using the Interstate; going from burner to burner can sometimes be more like going rural backroads.

Lynn

Have you tried

- making an .ISO copy on the Hard Drive ad burning from that?

- using the same burner as both origin and destination? (The system will store the info on the Hard Drive)

Going to/from the Hard Drive is like using the Interstate; going from burner to burner can sometimes be more like going rural backroads.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn. I'll try that and post the results. Do you think it could be a hardware conflict between the 2 burners?

Thanks Lynn. I'll try that and post the results. Do you think it could be a hardware conflict between the 2 burners?

I doubt it is between the burners.

On the Win98 SE, 400MHz computer, with a 8x4x24 burner, ECDC 4 could burn at 4x, drive to drive (from the 52x CD-ROM). When I replaced that with a 12x4x32, having suspected it might not be recognized by ECDC 4, I picked up Version 6 on eBay. V.6 could only do 1x, drive to drive. I replaced V.6 with ECDC 5, which was willing do 8x, but there were skips in the music, so I returned to 4x, which works fine.

I think it's the software.

(I do my burning these days on the WinXP, 2.4GHz computer, tho.)

Lynn