Merv

Calling All Router Experts

Question

This is not a real big deal, but it is annoying. I have a Linksys router on my small home network (just two computers). When I visit a music download site such as Walmart, Buy.com, Best Buy, etc., I can always play the preview of the first song I want to hear. However, when that 30 second preview clip finishes playing, the router is "locked up" everytime. That is, I cannot play any other songs, go to other web sites, get email, etc. I have to reboot (power off/on) the router to regain function. This has been happening for over a month now. Prior to that it worked fine. The Linksys techs cannot figure out what is wrong.

I am almost sure it is the router, since if I connect the modem directly to the computer (eliminate the router), it works fine. It seems there may be some setting for the router that has been changed and is causing the problem.

Any ideas???

31 answers to this question

ROFLMAO :):huh: I thought I would revise my name to avoid this confusion. Seems like I just cause more. :D

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and I tried them all but with no luck. It is really nice to know you can come to this site and ask such a question and folks will take the time to try to help. I really appreciate it.

You said you "tried them all..." Have you tried using a brand new one ??----- "MERV", O.K. I won't make that mistake again calling or thinking you are a Steve :)

Frank....

I no longer have a clue what the original topic of this thread was, but I can tell you, I am ROFLMAO!!!

Thank you for this most amusing thread. :):):huh:

I no longer have a clue what the original topic of this thread was, but I can tell you, I am ROFLMAO!!!

Thank you for this most amusing thread. :huh::):D

If I got paid for being laughed at, I'd be able to really buy everyone a beer here. The 2 Steve's should put their show on the road. I bet they even look alike. :)

If I got paid for being laughed at, I'd be able to really buy everyone a beer here. The 2 Steve's should put their show on the road. I bet they even look alike. :)

You have to admit, it was humorous as all get out. LOL! You are correct. They should take their show on the road. hehehe

I look a little (very little) like Brad Pitt will when he is about 90. :D No, I'm not that old but have been on these boards too long. :huh: