• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Williah

Williah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

I've installed Popcorn 3.  I went into the install window, entered a CD Key, everything seems fine.  
But the Popcorn Window doesn't open.  The program doesn't run.
It's not running in the background without the window coming up.  It just doesn't run.
Help anyone?  I'm running it on OS X10.5.7 if that matters.

#2 mrelova

mrelova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

I am seeing the same problem...surprised that no one responded to this yet.

I am running 10.7 (just installed Snow Leopard) and I thought that there might be an incompatibility issue.

I can run Popcorn 1.0.3 without a problem BUT I don't want to use 1.0.3 anymore.

#3 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,220 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (mrelova @ Aug 31 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am seeing the same problem...surprised that no one responded to this yet.

I am running 10.7 (just installed Snow Leopard) and I thought that there might be an incompatibility issue.

I can run Popcorn 1.0.3 without a problem BUT I don't want to use 1.0.3 anymore.

If you're running 10.7 then you're way out in front. One thing that keeps Popcorn from launching is if there are any Xvid codecs in one of the Libraries Quicktime folders. Trashing those and using perian instead usually is the fix. I don't know for sure but my guess is you need to have QuickTime 7 installed for Popcorn. That is an alternate install in Snow Leopard unless you already had QuickTime Pro.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#4 digitpirate

digitpirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:43 AM

Maybe this is obvious, but try installing the updates for Snow Leopard found here:
http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000091TT

However, I must say that when going through this process myself, it won't accept my serial number.  So I filed a support inquiry......  Ugh, if its not one thing its another!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users