Sign in to follow this  
jhanks64

How do I start Disc Copier directly

Question

I like DiscCopier9 and frequently start it directly. Can't find that in Roxio Creator 2009. I want a shortcut icon to start up in Disc Copier mode, or a smaller tighter individual program to start just for copying a disk.

Are there command line options for doing that?

I see if I pass it an .iso file, that starts in Disk Copy mode, how can I do the same thing, but not using an ISO?

John

13 answers to this question

I like DiscCopier9 and frequently start it directly. Can't find that in Roxio Creator 2009. I want a shortcut icon to start up in Disc Copier mode, or a smaller tighter individual program to start just for copying a disk.

Are there command line options for doing that?

I see if I pass it an .iso file, that starts in Disk Copy mode, how can I do the same thing, but not using an ISO?

John

If you are copying DVD video, make a shortcut to VideoCopy and Convert; if other, Creator Classic. You shoul;d be able to just drag the disc's icon to the lower frame rather than each file on the disc.

Since the simple copy application is part of the home page, I'm not sure a simple shortcut is possible.

Edited by sknis

There is no Roxio Disc Copier in the suite any more. A mutated version of it is called Roxio Video Copy and Convert, but it doesn't copy discs like DiscCopier9 used to.

The application which is called when you pass an .ISO file is the HOME application, roxiocentralfx.exe - if you can work out how to pass a shell parameter to that you might be able to get it to open in the exact disc copy mode. I only started looking at this when I read your post, so I don't know how to do that yet.

[sorry for doubling up on you Steve. I had my message half done and was away trying things. :) I can verify that a simple shortcut doesn't work, and neither does some more complicated ones I was trying.]

Okay, I think I've got it. This worked for me in Vista:

Make a shortcut to the file, with this as the target

"C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Roxio Central 4\RoxioCentralFx.exe" /Launch 20C35DAF-3B5B-4c2d-9DCD-5C866838F5CC

and this as the Start in:

"C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Roxio Central 4"

I expect it should work in Windows 7 and XP, but haven't tried it there yet.

Edited by Brendon

No problem. ;) I was looking and typing at the same time. I don't have the background to look at any more involved programming.

There is no Roxio Disc Copier in the suite any more. A mutated version of it is called Roxio Video Copy and Convert, but it doesn't copy discs like DiscCopier9 used to.

The application which is called when you pass an .ISO file is the HOME application, roxiocentralfx.exe - if you can work out how to pass a shell parameter to that you might be able to get it to open in the exact disc copy mode. I only started looking at this when I read your post, so I don't know how to do that yet.

[sorry for doubling up on you Steve. I had my message half done and was away trying things. :) I can verify that a simple shortcut doesn't work, and neither does some more complicated ones I was trying.]

Okay, I think I've got it. This worked for me in Vista:

Make a shortcut to the file, with this as the target

"C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Roxio Central 4\RoxioCentralFx.exe" /Launch 20C35DAF-3B5B-4c2d-9DCD-5C866838F5CC

and this as the Start in:

"C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate\Roxio Central 4"

I expect it should work in Windows 7 and XP, but haven't tried it there yet.

Yes, that works great in Windows 7. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

John

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not what I was looking for. It was the Disc Copy. I appreciate your help though.

John

Yes, that works great in Windows 7. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

John

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback.

Brendon

Brendon or Steve, I am curious. The method I outlined works in XP & Vista…

Are you saying they took away the ability to make a Shortcut in Win7???

The OP wanted a shortcut to the Home page copy function; not to VC&C or Creator Classic. There is no visable exe file for that Home page function.

The OP wanted a shortcut to the Home page copy function; not to VC&C or Creator Classic. There is no visable exe file for that Home page function.

Right you are!

I was trying to understand this same thing and came up with the following command.

"F:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio Creator 2009\Roxio Central 4\RoxioCentralFx.exe" "%1"

Apparently when you pass the file into central, in my case an .iso file, it knows to launch the image to disk menu item.

Thanks jpgeek. Looks like you have a 64-bit system with your installation on drive F: and you've modified the file association of ISO files.

That command line would have to be modified for a 32-bit system and a different drive letter, but could be a useful starting point.

Regards,

Brendon