logmore

"Capture now" feature

Question

I have installed the program and am now trying to capture my VHS so that I can transfer to DVD. I am going through the steps in the "Getting started guide". Steps 1-8 are done, step 9 is to press the play button on the VCR, when I press play, the "capture now" is not highlighted. It is only highlighted when I press stop on the VCR. I cannot get it to record. I will say that last evening I did get the "capture now" button to work, but the timing feature did not work so it never recorded anything. I am using the composite video connector and everything seems fine there.

1 answer to this question

I have installed the program and am now trying to capture my VHS so that I can transfer to DVD. I am going through the steps in the "Getting started guide". Steps 1-8 are done, step 9 is to press the play button on the VCR, when I press play, the "capture now" is not highlighted. It is only highlighted when I press stop on the VCR. I cannot get it to record. I will say that last evening I did get the "capture now" button to work, but the timing feature did not work so it never recorded anything. I am using the composite video connector and everything seems fine there.

Hi Logmore -

Have you tried the article Easy VHS to DVD capture button is grayed out yet?

Try every steps and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jon