• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 David_B

David_B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

I have imported a video tape that is a bit under an hour long.
The "one moment please" screen has now been sitting there for about 2.5 hours now.
How long does it take to finish up the process for about 60 minutes of video?

A very short clip does work so I know the basic process does work.

I have a Mac Pro Tower 2.66 GHz model with 6GB of RAM and 50 GB of hard drive space.

Thanks

David

#2 MiWright

MiWright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I am running version 1.0.3 of this software on a simlar equipped Mac Pro 2.66 quad core tower and having the same problem.  Program loads, starts, and runs fine. After capturing 3-4 hours of video, I click the Stop button and get the progress bar with the "Please Wait" prompt.  Trying not to be too impatient, I have attempted on at least 2 occasions to allow it several hours to complete, no such luck.

What exactly is going on? Is this product using the Quicktime core as it's engine? When it completes a capture and prompts me to "Please Wait" before it gives me the choice of sending the results to Toast, iMovie, or Quicktime, what exactly is it doing? is it NOT capturing video in real time as a DV Stream?  

I know this product works, I spent the better part of two full days now capturing video, and it worked on smaller files.
Something is wrong, because it's not a resources issue. I have 200 Gigs of free hard drive space on the drive it insists on working in, I have 4 processors, and 6 gigs of RAM.

Attention Roxio Support staff,  please have a look at this, this is a terrible out of the gate performance, you need to either fix this product or do a massive product recall.

#3 DJE

DJE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Please can somebody say how long it is supposed to take?

Like others, the program just hangs after capturing an hour of video. I need to force quit to get away from the 'wait a moment' screen.

I've got a new 2.93 GHz iMac with 4GB RAM and 800GB spare on the disk and am running OS X 10.6.

d.

#4 MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

i am having the exact same problem. why does this happen? i am using a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram and a ton of disk space. system 10.5.8.

are there no mods here to answer questions? what is it i'm exactly waiting "one moment for"?

Edited by MrGrumpy, 25 October 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (MrGrumpy @ Oct 25 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am having the exact same problem. why does this happen? i am using a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram and a ton of disk space. system 10.5.8.

are there no mods here to answer questions? what is it i'm exactly waiting "one moment for"?

Sorry but I've only done short clips. I'll set it up to do a longer capture tomorrow (10/27) to see if I get the same result. From what I'm reading here the application is hanging and doing nothing. I expect that if you open Activity Monitor you'll see it using no significant resources. I recommend contacting Roxio customer support about this.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#6 pdaguy

pdaguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Similar situation for me.  Shorter clips works, but I tried a 2 hr capture, it starts the Wait screen with the progress bar, goes about 2 hours and then the program bombs on me, writing about 200mb to the file (about 4-5 secs of video).

2ghz intel core duo w/2gb mem

Tried an hour of video, same thing.  Very frustrating.  

EDIT: Opened a ticket (last night) with Roxio.  I couldn't find a phone number to call but come Monday if I've not heard anything, I'll find one somehow.

Edited by pdaguy, 30 October 2009 - 08:56 AM.

#7 Fritty

Fritty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:30 AM

Exactly the same problem here. Opened a ticket too but didn't hear anything up to now.

As it is, Easy VHS to DVD for Mac is completely unusable. It seems to be a software problem
as the program itself still seems to do something once (after hours) the progress bar is filled
but only at low level (about 4% of CPU). I've let it run twice for 24 hours and it never got
to an end. Tried on different Macs (all on 10.5.8) and always the same refusal of performance.

Roxio has either to solve this issue with an update or to recall this product as apparently, it doesn't work.

EDIT: Opened a ticket and all I got in four answers are general infos about system requirements,
tipps on how to use Easy VHS and really helpful advices to try to chose the iMovie button.
They don't seem to really read what the problem is. Up to now I didn't get any further
and still can't use Easy VHS Mac.

Edited by Fritty, 16 November 2009 - 01:02 PM.

#8 nathanjmassey

nathanjmassey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

I'm also having the exact same problem, recorded about 3 hours of video, pressed stop, the 'One moment please...' window appears, and the timer on that page has been stuck at around 10% for a few hours now. Looking in Activity Monitor, the app is using about 4-5% of the processor.

I'm on OS X 10.6.1 (MacBook Pro - 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM).

Will be opening a ticket about this also.

#9 MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

anyone get any help with this? i've been able to copy a couple of vids but now it won't work at all.

anyone?

#10 Fritty

Fritty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

I'm writing forth and back with the Roxio support, but they don't seem to really read what the problem is.

This is what they told me to do:

Answer 1. Check system requirements.

Answer 2. Clean install

Answer 3. Repair permissions

Answer 4. Clean install

Answer 5. Update software to 1.0.3 which I already did before using it for the first time

Answer 6.

Click Start
b. Click Run...
c. Type: msinfo32

For Vista & Win7 click on the Start button, and type "msinfo32" in the "Search" field at the bottom.

d. Make sure "System Summary" is selected in the tree on the left.
e. Click File, Export, and Save the file as (ticket number).txt to your desktop.
f. Exit msinfo32
g. Now you will need to attach this file to your original web ticket.

So they don't really know what they are doing as I clearly indicated several times
that I use Easy VHS for MAC.

Answer 7: Clean install

Answer 8: That is the way the program runs. "one moment please" represents the finalizing of the file for use in the applications.

I wrote them that this step never gets to an end and the program seems to hang but
apparently, their support is useless.

#11 Fritty

Fritty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

Ok, the story goes on:

Answer no. 9:

We are currently researching on your issue we will update your  issue and we will be updating this trouble ticket as soon as we are able to locate a soultion or a wokaround

Regards,
Roxio Customer Care

Answer no. 10:

Hello

We're just checking in to make sure everything is OK with your recent support incident. We have not heard from you since we sent a response to ticket number 830995 5 days ago and wanted to make sure it answered your question. Since we didn't get a follow up from you, the status of your ticket has been changed to "Solved".

If your issue is still unresolved, we are happy to keep troubleshooting your problem. To update your incident:

1. Log into Support

2. Click on View Your Help Ticket History.

3. Click on your ticket number to view the response and update.

We are always looking for ways to improve so please click on the link below to complete our online support survey.

Thank you Roxio for this really great and helpful service!!!  angry.gif

#12 Fritty

Fritty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:55 AM

Answer no. 11:

Thank you for choosing Roxio Customer Care.

We understand that you're still having ongoing issues when recording VHS to be imported to another file type, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. On this note, please be advised that this issue has already been forwarded to our software engineers and developers to create an immediate solution to this issue. Rest assured that we're not making this as an excuse not to assist you on this issue.

Non-activity on this webticket for 5 days automatically puts it in a 'Closed' status, but we can assure you that when we get a response from the engineering team, you'll be one of the first to know how to resolve this issue.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused you and we appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely,

Roxio Customer Care

Answer no. 12:

Hello

We're just checking in to make sure everything is OK with your recent support incident. We have not heard from you since we sent a response to ticket number 830995 5 days ago and wanted to make sure it answered your question. Since we didn't get a follow up from you, the status of your ticket has been changed to "Solved".

If your issue is still unresolved, we are happy to keep troubleshooting your problem. To update your incident:

1. Log into Support

2. Click on View Your Help Ticket History.

3. Click on your ticket number to view the response and update.

We are always looking for ways to improve so please click on the link below to complete our online support survey.

Sincerely,

The Roxio Support Team

#13 oneeyeguide

oneeyeguide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

I have started having the same problem, the program worked fine for several hours of capturing Hi8 tapes and VHS tapes but now when it gets to "One Moment Please" it just sits there for hours and if I let it run all night I have a message that it closed unexpectedly and everything is gone.

I'm getting real tired of buying programs that are supposed to work and they don't, then they give you the run around when you ask for solutions. Their attitude is we got your money and we don't care about your problem.

#14 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (oneeyeguide @ Feb 8 2010, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have started having the same problem, the program worked fine for several hours of capturing Hi8 tapes and VHS tapes but now when it gets to "One Moment Please" it just sits there for hours and if I let it run all night I have a message that it closed unexpectedly and everything is gone.

I'm getting real tired of buying programs that are supposed to work and they don't, then they give you the run around when you ask for solutions. Their attitude is we got your money and we don't care about your problem.

I don't know what might be the problem. Have you shut down and restarted your Mac to see if that gets it working again. Don't just restart. Do a complete shutdown.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#15 oneeyeguide

oneeyeguide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Feb 8 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what might be the problem. Have you shut down and restarted your Mac to see if that gets it working again. Don't just restart. Do a complete shutdown.

Thanks for the tip. I did a total shutdown last night and tried it again and I got the same results.

#16 crieser99

crieser99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

This is my first post. I too have been having the extended hang time problem. I've converted more than 10 video tapes (both VHS and Hi8) successfully over the past 4 months. The extended hang time problem started a couple of weeks ago, inexplicably. The only difference, system-wise, is upgrading the OS TO Leopard 10.5.6 about the same time. What get now is extended hang time, sometimes exceeding 3 hours, followed by an error message which shows the following:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  8
I really don't know what this means.
I did try a reinstall of Easy VHS to DVD for Mac software...no difference.

#17 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,556 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (crieser99 @ Mar 20 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my first post. I too have been having the extended hang time problem. I've converted more than 10 video tapes (both VHS and Hi8) successfully over the past 4 months. The extended hang time problem started a couple of weeks ago, inexplicably. The only difference, system-wise, is upgrading the OS TO Leopard 10.5.6 about the same time. What get now is extended hang time, sometimes exceeding 3 hours, followed by an error message which shows the following:
Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  8
I really don't know what this means.
I did try a reinstall of Easy VHS to DVD for Mac software...no difference.

This may be a long shot but a Kern protection failure can be due to defective RAM. You can check your Mac's RAM by running the extended Hardware Test that came with the original system discs. Or you can download Rember which is my preferred choice. RAM can seem perfectly good nearly all the time but one particular application can access a spot that is defective causing what you describe.

#18 BlueEbo

BlueEbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.
I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

#19 crieser99

crieser99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (BlueEbo @ Apr 7 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I have find a work around for this bug, if you disconnect the USB dongle it seems to carry on. Working for me for now.
I sent a ticket with no response, I guess they can't work it out or be bothered to reply. Last product I purchase from Roxio.

Thanks for the work around tip. When do you unplug the USB dongle?

Edited by crieser99, 07 April 2010 - 02:59 PM.

#20 BlueEbo

BlueEbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

This is what I've been getting.
Once you've pressed stop recording the loading bar will make your mpg and then hand at the end of the bar. I wait a couple of minuets then unplug it then movers onto the sent to toast edit, in imovie or sent to QT. I sent to QT and it then makes the mp4. seems to be working.

-D-  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users