Sign in to follow this  
Mark@confused

Question on menus

Question

I had a Dell Dimension PC about 4 years old (machine is dead), that had a Roxio program that I would like to purchase. It would let me take 3-8 or more AVI/DIVX/MPEG video files from my hard drive and burn it to a dvd. The key feature is that it would create a menu with a chapter for each file. Sort of a compliation disk. When I loaded the disk in my DVD player, I could click on different menu buttons to select whick of the several clips on the disk I wanted to watch.

What Roxio program will do this,without all the fancy features I don't need? I don't need to add a soundtrack, edit, do any overlays, or anything fancy.

3 answers to this question

Make your own selection from these products. I think you just missed on the sale of Creator 2009 for half price. Call them, they may still honor that deal.

Creator 2009, MyDVD, etc all make DVD with menus. What software did you have? Probably an OEM from Dell. Anything later than EMC 9 is Vista compatible. You may find something cheap on e-bay; just be careful what you buy - stay away from those with letter designations such as DE= Dell OEM castrated version.

be aware that the newer versions require more computing horsepower and inexpensive laptops will not handle them. What computer do you have?

Thank you very much for the info.

I think I'll go for MyDVD, as I won't be paying for features I'll never use.

The MyDVD is a stripped down version of what comes with the full suite. You should be able to search around and find a full version of Creator 2009 for about the same cost as the MydVD standalone program.

Sign in to follow this