• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 54 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

mackado

MyDVD 9 Offset error and crash

Question

I'm Hoping someone here can point me to a solution to this error..

I finally began to use this version 9's Video capabilities recently, even though I purchased retail this version about a year ago......

It took me quite a few hours of work during several days to refresh my memory (from version 7) and learn my way around this new version, and everything went fine while authoring my DVD using Videowave, (a few hiccups and video monitoring/editing freeze ups I think my aging PC should take the blame for) but after moving to MyDVD to create the menu I keep getting this error..

..'MyDVD needs to close ...you may lose some of your work ..etc'

after clicking the info button..

Videowave 9 error: 9.05.72 version

error :offset 00034872

The session crashes and the only solution is to close and re-open MyDVD again, losing everything not saved ..(is there a way to save automatically behind the scene?)

Again , this error happens while on MyDVD not Videowave...

I finally got through the MyDVD menu creation, and I'm ready to burn my DVD, but I'd like to know how to fix this issue to save production time on my next project..

Thanks

Dell 4700

P-4 CPU -3.0 with 3 GB RAM

WIN-XP SP3

Edit: I.m using Roxio Creator 9 Home V:9.0.546

I have no idea where to verify if I'm running SP4 upgrade, but I've downloaded all the upgrades available online through the Help 'Upgrade' button and I see

Module Name: PX engine

Build:3.6.36a,4

under "About this software"

Edited by mackado

2 answers to this question

I'm Hoping someone here can point me to a solution to this error..

I finally began to use this version 9's Video capabilities recently, even though I purchased retail this version about a year ago......

It took me quite a few hours of work during several days to refresh my memory (from version 7) and learn my way around this new version, and everything went fine while authoring my DVD using Videowave, (a few hiccups and video monitoring/editing freeze ups I think my aging PC should take the blame for) but after moving to MyDVD to create the menu I keep getting this error..

..'MyDVD needs to close ...you may lose some of your work ..etc'

after clicking the info button..

Videowave 9 error: 9.05.72 version

error :offset 00034872

The session crashes and the only solution is to close and re-open MyDVD again, losing everything not saved ..(is there a way to save automatically behind the scene?)

Again , this error happens while on MyDVD not Videowave...

I finally got through the MyDVD menu creation, and I'm ready to burn my DVD, but I'd like to know how to fix this issue to save production time on my next project..

Thanks

Dell 4700

P-4 CPU -3.0 with 3 GB RAM

WIN-XP SP3

To save your production simply select "Save As" and the use "Save" as you go along in your project.

What is your video card/graphics adaptor? Exactly at what point does it crash?

How much free space on your hard drive? Defragged the hard drive lately?

Edited by myguggi

To save your production simply select "Save As" and the use "Save" as you go along in your project.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'm doing this already, but I was wondering if there is a way to setup an automatic "save" every ..say.. 5 minutes, just in case I step off the pc and forget to hit the save button...

What is your video card/graphics adaptor? Exactly at what point does it crash?

I'm using the original (upgraded) card included with the 4700 Dell, Radeon x300 PCI express 16 with 128 MB of meg only..

The crashes happened many times, during different operations, but mainly while checking my progress using the "Preview" mode

How much free space on your hard drive? Defragged the hard drive lately?

the main drive (160 GB, SATA 7200 RPM) is partitioned in two, Programs and Data..the Data (100 GB)side has like 19.6 GB free..

I'm using a second internal 320 GB SATA2 -7200 rpm drive for backups, and I switched Creators' "Temp" folder to this second drive, this tip was suggested by the help info of a different Audio editing software I'm using...but maybe I should use my Drive C partition (Programs) with 48 gig available as the Temp location for Creators' instead ?

I will do a Defrag later today, I'll admit I haven't done this in quite while....

PS: I began to get less errors later on during MYdvd project, and was able to complete the project, but I don't recall exactly if errors happened after switching the Temp folder to the 320 GB drive...

Edited by mackado