Sign in to follow this  
Unka

Toast 7 not responding and will not Force Quit.

Question

Hi,

I am using Toast 7 to write CDR's to my new LaCie external drive with Lightscribe.

I have a CDR stuck in that drive.

Toast 7 is not responding so I cannot use software eject.

Toast7 will not even Force Quit!

I have tried to send an email to Customer Support but when I put in my email and password I get this error message:

The request failed with the error message:

--

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>

<h2>Object moved to <a href="%2fAUTHENTICATION%2f500.html%3faspxerrorpath%3d%2fauthentication%2fauthsvc.asmx">here</a>.</h2>

</body></html>

But I can still get into Roxio's MyAccount.

Any ideas anyone please?

I know that I can phone Technical Support in US, but I'm in Italy so it's going to be very expensive!

2 answers to this question

You can force the shut down of your Mac by holding the power button in for several seconds. When you restart the Mac you can hold down the command + E button and the disc should eject during the startup. If it does not eject you can reopen Toast and choose Eject Disc from the Recorder menu.

I'm not sure what caused the problem. It probably is a good idea to quit and reopen Toast 7 for each new project you want to burn. If you are burning multiple discs of the same project just enter the number in the Recorder settings window that appears before starting the burn session. That won't lock up the Mac. But there are situations with older versions of Toast that burning different projects without quitting and restarting Macs can result in failed burns.

You can force the shut down of your Mac by holding the power button in for several seconds. When you restart the Mac you can hold down the command + E button and the disc should eject during the startup. If it does not eject you can reopen Toast and choose Eject Disc from the Recorder menu.

I'm not sure what caused the problem. It probably is a good idea to quit and reopen Toast 7 for each new project you want to burn. If you are burning multiple discs of the same project just enter the number in the Recorder settings window that appears before starting the burn session. That won't lock up the Mac. But there are situations with older versions of Toast that burning different projects without quitting and restarting Macs can result in failed burns.

Many thanks Tsantee.

That worked.

I take your point about old versions, must be more careful in future. Maybe an upgrade is due.

Thanks again for you quick assistance.