• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Miner

Mark Miner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

My motion menu works, but the audio and video end up different lengths.  I output the menu video and audio as separate files and they are the same length.  I assigned them to the menu, but every time my audio ends before my video.  My BD project is 60i, and that is how I made my menu.  Thinking that it might be that the menu is being re-encoded at 24p, I output the source file to 24p and still got the same result.  Any ideas?

Mark Miner

#2 antonsvideo

antonsvideo

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:58 AM

make sure you set menu to interlaced such as 1920x1080i in project settings, by default it is set to 24p for some silly reason

the default menu setting also causes a huge glitch when going from menu to movie and movie to menu in Pal projects, because the external TV needs to change from NTSC (menu) to Pal (movie) and vice versa
Anton

#3 West Hills Rich

West Hills Rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

I've just come across this sync problem in my menu.  The audio plays for its 60 seconds but the video, a 60-second length, ends up going about 75 seconds.  Has anyone come up with any solution other than the 24p idea?  My audio is .wav and the video is .m2v with which I've had success on other projects.

#4 West Hills Rich

West Hills Rich

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

I've solved my different-length/video-audio problem by double checking the project settings once I have the menu up.  I discovered in Project Settings/HD Transcoding/Still Menus/Slideshows that the little bugger was set to the default 1920x1080p/25fps as Anton had posted nearly two years ago.  I changed to 1920x1080i/29.97 and re-burned.  Perfect sync.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users