Sign in to follow this  
FSchleyhahn

EMC 10: Exceeding Video Output Size Problem

Question

Hello. I just created a MyDVD Project in EMC v10 but when I attempted to render it to an ISO message, it indicated that the ISO size has exceeded the size of the DVD. I have a Dual-Layer DVD to which I am going to eventually burn the ISO to but as I have done in the past, I want to create the ISO to my hard drive first then burn it to the DVD.

I was able to do this by changing the quality to Extended Play, but it looked horrible when I played it back.

Is it possible to create the ISO even though it will exceed the size of the DVD without truncating any portion of it? I would like to force EMC v10 to do this and my plan is to then use DVD Shrink to reduce the size of the ISO so that it will fit on a Dual-Layer DVD.

If I upgrade to Easy Creator 2009, will I be able to do what I just described? Also, will I be able to add my VideoWave Projects that were created in EMC v10 to MyDVD in Easy Creator 2009?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3 answers to this question

Hello. I just created a MyDVD Project in EMC v10 but when I attempted to render it to an ISO message, it indicated that the ISO size has exceeded the size of the DVD. I have a Dual-Layer DVD to which I am going to eventually burn the ISO to but as I have done in the past, I want to create the ISO to my hard drive first then burn it to the DVD.

I was able to do this by changing the quality to Extended Play, but it looked horrible when I played it back.

Is it possible to create the ISO even though it will exceed the size of the DVD without truncating any portion of it? I would like to force EMC v10 to do this and my plan is to then use DVD Shrink to reduce the size of the ISO so that it will fit on a Dual-Layer DVD.

If I upgrade to Easy Creator 2009, will I be able to do what I just described? Also, will I be able to add my VideoWave Projects that were created in EMC v10 to MyDVD in Easy Creator 2009?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

First, in MyDVD, change the setting to High Quality (HQ). Then, when you click the Burn button, forget the ISO file, and check the box to the left of Folder Set. No truncated file, once it encodes. Then burn it to a DVD, using Video Copy and Convert.

Anything, outside of the High Quality setting, looks like junk. It is a disfunctional thing that Sonic (called Roxio now) can't quite figure out. It is the same in Creator 2009.

Thanks much for the fast reply.

I noticed that one of the selling points with EMC 2009 is that you can burn a 9GB Movie onto a 4.7GB DVD. Can I assume then that I could burn an 18GB DVD onto an 8.5GB DL DVD?

Thanks much for the fast reply.

I noticed that one of the selling points with EMC 2009 is that you can burn a 9GB Movie onto a 4.7GB DVD. Can I assume then that I could burn an 18GB DVD onto an 8.5GB DL DVD?

The file size means nothing, so the answer to your question is "No."

The time length, of the video, is what counts. You will get 1 hour of video, on a standard DVD, at high quality. You will get slightly less than 2 hours of video, on a DL disc.

Now, you can get about 25% more than that, on the discs, and still have excellent quality.

One hour of video, captured as an .avi file, will be between 12GB and 14GB, and that is lossless quality.

Sign in to follow this