Sign in to follow this  
Zoberist

Creator 2009 Ultimate vs Roxio VHS to DVD

Question

Sir: I have been a long time user of Creator 10 and I have just purchased Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. Does the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate provide the same functionality that comes with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD? Does the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate also come with the Roxio Video Capture USB Device? If I want to create DVD movies from VHS tapes, or in my case Sony Hi tapes, will I have to purchase Roxio VHS to DVD separately?

7 answers to this question

Sir: I have been a long time user of Creator 10 and I have just purchased Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate. Does the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate provide the same functionality that comes with Roxio Easy VHS to DVD? Does the Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate also come with the Roxio Video Capture USB Device? If I want to create DVD movies from VHS tapes, or in my case Sony Hi tapes, will I have to purchase Roxio VHS to DVD separately?

It includes the USB device if you purchased this bundled offer for it (or at a store where it wa included in a package). Otherwise probably not. It doesn't look like it on their website. In which case you would need to purchase the USB device separately.

The Easy VHS to DVD (EVTD) is actually a smaller subset based on the video parts of Creator 2009, so no you do not need that software as long as you have Creator 2009. In fact, you cannot install both packages as EVTD uses the same code as C2009. If you were to try and install it after C2009 is installed, it will uninstall C2009 first, thus loosing all of it's additional functionality.

Let me try to fine tune that a little…

The Creator 2009 Special Edition is a Retail store only bundle of the standard Creator 2009 and the Roxio Video Capture USB device.

The Creator 2009 Ultimate has the Blu-ray plug ins but not device.

If you don’t need the Blu-ray stuff, the Special Edition is a great buy to members of the stores that carry it!

For the rest of us that wouldn’t want Blu-ray, the best bet is the standard edition and then buying the stand alone Roxio Video Capture USB device to go with it…

Then there are the bundles they offer from time to time on the site here…

It includes the USB device if you purchased this bundled offer for it (or at a store where it wa included in a package). Otherwise probably not. It doesn't look like it on their website. In which case you would need to purchase the USB device separately.

The Easy VHS to DVD (EVTD) is actually a smaller subset based on the video parts of Creator 2009, so no you do not need that software as long as you have Creator 2009. In fact, you cannot install both packages as EVTD uses the same code as C2009. If you were to try and install it after C2009 is installed, it will uninstall C2009 first, thus loosing all of it's additional functionality.

Larry:

Thank you for your response. I have a new DELL XPS 730X and it came with an OEM version of Roxio, Creator10. When I install C2009, then it should first recognize that the OEM version is there and remove it?

Larry:

Thank you for your response. I have a new DELL XPS 730X and it came with an OEM version of Roxio, Creator10. When I install C2009, then it should first recognize that the OEM version is there and remove it?

No, it will not remove your OEM version of EMC 10.

Sign in to follow this