6 replies to this topic

#1 no1dad

no1dad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (John00045 @ Apr 19 2008, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sure hope someone can help me. I am a commercial Architectural Photographer. I have been using Photo suite since its begining along woth photoshop. I think Photosuite 5 is the best suite Roxio has ever made. I can work fast to make small corrections on my photos. I am haveing a problem with Vista and my 5 and threr are no updates that i can find. Can anyone help me, i sure love my photosuite 5. John Muuss, jmuuss1@ec.rr.com

hi can any one out there help me i have got roxio photo suite 5, which is brill and so easy to use, the thing is i am getting a new pc, which is vista, the thing is roxio 5 will not work with vista, can anyone recomend a update, that will work with windows xp and vista, and would the format be the same as roxio 5 as it is really easy to use colin@beesley.entadsl.com

#2 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (no1dad @ Sep 6 2009, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi can any one out there help me i have got roxio photo suite 5, which is brill and so easy to use, the thing is i am getting a new pc, which is vista, the thing is roxio 5 will not work with vista, can anyone recomend a update, that will work with windows xp and vista, and would the format be the same as roxio 5 as it is really easy to use

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes.

None of those who answer here (volunteers, NOT staff) are going to use their personal email to answer you.  It is only good for increasing your spam intake.

As far as Vista goes - it's something I intend to do without. When you upgrade to a "new improved" Operating System (not based on the same underlying code as previous OS's), you might as well include the cost of replacing all your software as part of the upgrade cost.

Lynn

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,802 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

I searched all over and could not find a direct replacement for PhotoSuite 5 on Roxio's web site.  A whole lot of what is available depends on what you want to do with the slide show.  Take a look at Photoshow 5 and 6 if you want to put the shows on line or burn them to a disc.  If you are just looking for a photos editor, Picasa is still free and will catalog your images and fix them.  If you want to get more involved and make use of that new computer, consider the full Creator 2010 program. It has the current version of PhotoSuite as part of the Suite of applications. You may be able to get an older version on Amazon or on e-bay.  On e-bay be very careful that you do not get an OEM cut down version.  These typically have a letter designation like Easy Media Creator 10 DE (Dell OEM.)

This is the photo tab from Creator 2010.  (one of 6 tabs  that list applications)

If you want easy, consider Photoshow.  It is super easy to use and you can keep them on your computer.  From there it depends on what you want to do.

You might want to confirm that PhotoSuite 5 is not Vista compatible.  The is not much on it on Roxio's site.

Attached Images

• phototab.jpg

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 delfuller

delfuller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (no1dad @ Sep 6 2009, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi can any one out there help me i have got roxio photo suite 5, which is brill and so easy to use, the thing is i am getting a new pc, which is vista, the thing is roxio 5 will not work with vista, can anyone recomend a update, that will work with windows xp and vista, and would the format be the same as roxio 5 as it is really easy to use colin@beesley.entadsl.com

I am using MGI Photosuite IIISE and it's very similar Roxio software so I think my solution will apply to you too. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the photo suite setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! Photosuite is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, Iíve tried loads and I still think itís a winner. Hope this helps.

Edited by delfuller, 07 November 2009 - 03:07 PM.

#5 wilmeland

wilmeland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (no1dad @ Sep 6 2009, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that photosuite  (v 5.0.1419.0)is a sufficient program for most basic editing. I'm used to it and like it and continue to use it without problem on 2 vista computers. I run it in compatibility mode for xp sp2. The only issue is when booting computer I get a driver compatibility issue, indicating that windows has blocked one of the CD burning drivers in the roxio program. However program runs well without issue.

#6 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,855 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

no1dad---I'm running Roxio Photoshow 5 (ver. 5.0.4 Build 3034) with Vista Home Premium 32 bit and it runs fine.

Frank...

REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#7 RonAkron

RonAkron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

View Postdelfuller, on 07 November 2009 - 03:05 PM, said:

<!--quoteo(post=289059:date=Sep 6 2009, 03:56 AM:name=no1dad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (no1dad @ Sep 6 2009, 03:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289059"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi can any one out there help me i have got roxio photo suite 5, which is brill and so easy to use, the thing is i am getting a new pc, which is vista, the thing is roxio 5 will not work with vista, can anyone recomend a update, that will work with windows xp and vista, and would the format be the same as roxio 5 as it is really easy to use colin@beesley.entadsl.com<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I am using MGI Photosuite IIISE and it's very similar Roxio software so I think my solution will apply to you too. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the photo suite setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! Photosuite is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, Iíve tried loads and I still think itís a winner. Hope this helps.

Great solution although it took me, not a computer geek, some time to figure it out.  I couldn't get any "Compatibility" stuff to come up by "right clicking" on the program set-up.  I ended up in Microsoft Windows "Help and Support" where I typed "compatibility" in the help window.  The window that opened had a hot-link to open the "Compatibility Wizard".  You need to know what versions of Windows your program was designed to run in before activating the "Wizard" -- duh.  At some point I was asked if I wanted to run the program as the "administrator" so for good measured, as suggested, I said yes.  Anyway, with some fiddling around I finally got MGI PhotoSuite III SE to work perfectly.  Thanks to everyone.  Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users