• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Will Price

Will Price

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

I've seen a bunch of threads about TiVo Transfer not working in Snow Leopard, but none about Mac2TiVo. So I wanted to post this to find out what the solution for Mac2TiVo not working might be. Mac2TiVo runs and appears to start properly, but the TiVo devices cannot see any files in the served directories and the system.log file contains endless errors every second that look like:

Sep 11 11:28:53 snow [0x0-0xff0ff].com.roxio.Mac2Tivo[19560]: 2009-09-11 11:28:53.963 RXTivoServer[19563:4a0b] *** -[NSAutoreleasePool release]: This pool has already been drained, do not release it (double release).

These errors repeat forever and TiVos never see any served files on Snow Leopard. Meanwhile, on the same machine booted into Leopard, it works fine. Please let me know what the solution to this is. I've already updated to 10.0.2.

Thanks.

#2 Will Price

Will Price

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Let me ask the question a different way.

Has *anyone* gotten Mac2TiVo *working* on Snow Leopard and if so did you do anything special?

#3 DWY

DWY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

To be honest, I haven't got Mac2TIVO working in Leopard or Snow Leopard.  I have a Series3 HD and after running Mac2TIVO, it shows up, lists the folders (movies) and I begin the transfer.

After that, the wheels fall off and the entire process just seems to hang.

I had a small movie I wanted to transfer that I had in H.264 MP4 format, about 100 meg, and it never seemed to finish.  This should have taken a few minutes, but hours later it was still transferring.

I really don't like this new approach Roxio has taken and wish they would go back to the System Pref Panel method, that has worked flawlessly for me since it came out.  Now, it just doesn't work at all.

QUOTE (Will Price @ Sep 14 2009, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me ask the question a different way.

Has *anyone* gotten Mac2TiVo *working* on Snow Leopard and if so did you do anything special?

#4 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (DWY @ Sep 17 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I haven't got Mac2TIVO working in Leopard or Snow Leopard.  I have a Series3 HD and after running Mac2TIVO, it shows up, lists the folders (movies) and I begin the transfer.

After that, the wheels fall off and the entire process just seems to hang.

I had a small movie I wanted to transfer that I had in H.264 MP4 format, about 100 meg, and it never seemed to finish.  This should have taken a few minutes, but hours later it was still transferring.

I really don't like this new approach Roxio has taken and wish they would go back to the System Pref Panel method, that has worked flawlessly for me since it came out.  Now, it just doesn't work at all.

Remember that Roxio wasn't involved at all in TiVo Desktop for Mac - that said I'm also a fan of the System Pref panel but that said it has nothing to do with the apps working or not working.

A Mac2TiVo update for Snow Leopard will be included in the Snow Leopard updates coming out shortly that should solve the 10.6 issues and several others.

- patatrox

#5 Boyo

Boyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

i'm running 10.3 with updated mac2tivo and I am seeing more and more my video files that used to work fine now cause the tivo to say your transfer will start after the previous transfer completes (which there wasn't) the blue light on the S3 comes on and only a hard reboot turns it off.  WTF is going on?

System Snow leopard 10.6.1
Tivo S3

Video files are various and all worked prior to upgrading to snow leopard.

I've tried resetting the Network setting from DHCP to Static and back
Removed all video files except 1 (which transferred with no issues prior to 10.6)  from the shared folder  

It's just not working anymore.

update: I setup mac2tivo on my other mac running 10.5.8 with the same video files and they transfer fine.
Something in 10.6.1 is causing my S3 to report previous transfer and putting it in limbo. So frustrating, but at least now I have a work around until this issue is resolved.

2nd Update: I did a complete uninstall and reinstall then redid the 10.3 update and now it's working on my 10.6.1 Mac. I have no idea where or what was causing the issue but so far it looks like I'm back in business.

Edited by Boyo, 26 October 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#6 zampogna

zampogna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (patatrox @ Sep 18 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember that Roxio wasn't involved at all in TiVo Desktop for Mac - that said I'm also a fan of the System Pref panel but that said it has nothing to do with the apps working or not working.

A Mac2TiVo update for Snow Leopard will be included in the Snow Leopard updates coming out shortly that should solve the 10.6 issues and several others.

I have tried and tried - I have NOT been able to get it to work even after i loaded the update.  Anyone??

#7 CantankerousInHD

CantankerousInHD

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:36 PM

After the update, Mac2Tivo does work for me on 10.6.2.  However, the videos (h.264 m4v files created with Handbrake) all have an incorrect aspect ratio.  The source videos are 16x9, but when played on my tivo, they are slightly squished vertically (meaning, there are small -- not full sized -- letterboxes at the top & bottom of my TV, and the video inside is noticeably distorted, with people's faces appearing stretched "fat").

#8 mickelini

mickelini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Is there a fix for this? I realize this is an old thread, but I can't find any info on this issue. I have a Tivo Premiere.

Thanks, M

#9 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

View Postmickelini, on 12 March 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

Is there a fix for this? I realize this is an old thread, but I can't find any info on this issue. I have a Tivo Premiere.

Thanks, M
It works if you have the version included with the latest update to Toast 10 or with Toast 11. I'm not certain about the latest update to Toast 9 but it might work too. Read the help document for Mac2Tivo and make certain your source files are in a format that Mac2Tivo can convert to .mpg for playback on the TiVo.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#10 Blackjack Joe

Blackjack Joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

View Postmickelini, on 12 March 2011 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thanks, M

I was having the problem of transfers not starting. I changed the name of my computer from its long name to just three letters and now the transfers work.

#11 jeffvrba

jeffvrba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

I was having the same troubles, I installed the latest version of DIVX, http://www.divx.com/, rebooted and everything is working for .avi files.

Tivo Premium, Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard v10.6.7

#12 Munchiniwa

Munchiniwa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

What I have found, and this may not be the entire solution, is that video compressed with Turbo 264 HD does not show up in the transfer window while video compressed with Final Cut does. Looking at the QuickTime inspector, the only thing that seems to be different in the videos is that the Turbo files are 24 fps and the Final Cut are 29.97 fps. The video size/dimensions and everything else is the same. It should be noted that I converted the video with Turbo HD, loaded it into Final Cut and just turned around and output it.
I don't know why this would make a difference but it does.
Discovered it while applying LEVELS to a video to brighten it up and found my Tivo could see the resulting file.

#13 drewping

drewping

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

I know this thread is ancient but I was having the same problems and FINALLY found a solution so I thought I'd share.

For me the answer was to download the free DivX package (from divx.com) which includes the codec. Once I installed that (and restarted for good measure) both my Series 2 and RCN TiVo Premier worked as they should. I did find one file (.avi) that had no sound through the TiVo but I tested about 10 other files and they worked so that's way better than before.

Good luck!

#14 TonyInSF

TonyInSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:49 PM

I'm having the same problem (with the wrong aspect ratios) but it's kinda moot since I can't transfer anything since upgrading to Snow Leopard.

#15 btquest

btquest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

This is really sad.  Every comment indicates that MAC2Tivo is not working and there is not a comment to be seen from Roxio.

Well it appears that little has been fixed, Tivo Transfer is working (that tells me the network is OK) but MAC2Tivo in LION does not work.  In fact the help documentation (shown below)

"Where is the database of shared folders stored on my Mac?
While troubleshooting an issue, you may determine it is necessary to delete the database of shared folders on your Mac. In order to do this, you must quit both the Mac2TiVo application and menu extra (if running). You will also lose the list of folders that you are currently sharing. Select these again after you have the deleted the database.
To delete the database, delete the file “MediaData” from the following location on your Mac:
<User>/Library/Application Support/Mac2TiVo
This database will automatically be recreated the next time you launch Mac2TiVo."

from the last page in the manual,  indicates a path to a database, "MediaData" that does not exist in LION.  I searched my entire system for this file, not to be found.  The program seems to start but I can't add a folder either using the "+" or dragging one onto the program.  and yes the media key is entered correctly (as I said Tivo Transfer is working.)

It must not be important for Roxio, They should discontinue a program they don't care to get working, and don't advertise it as a functioning part of a great app like Toast.

#16 Blackjack Joe

Blackjack Joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

I'm having similar problems trying to use Mac2Tivo with Lion. It was working for me in Snow Leopard. Now I can't even add folders to be shared to my Tivo. Please fix, Roxio.

Thanks.

#17 TonyInSF

TonyInSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

For anyone still monitoring this thread, I got Mac2TiVo to work in Snow Leopard by doing a complete uninstall and reinstall:

http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en

Roxio recommended this and it worked for me. Suggestion: Have your TiVo media key and Roxio key handy!

I'm still getting incorrect aspect ratios for movies that aren't full HD (1920x1080)

#18 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Can’t get Mac2TiVo to work in Snow Leopard (10.6.8 & 10.6.1). TiVo does display my computer name under My Shows in OS 10.5.8 but gives me message: "The [my computer name] PC has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows list.” TiVo Desktop for Mac v1.95a also doesn't work in Snow Leopard, but does work in OS 10.5.8 using v1.94. Not much help from TiVo or Roxio. Spent an hour with Mach Tech at Apple Genius Bar & couldn't find anything wrong with my Mac/Software. My TiVo is a new Premier Elite. I'm beginning to think TiVo & Macintosh are not compatible, contrary to TiVo advertising.

Edited by jacbec, 28 January 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#19 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postjacbec, on 28 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Can’t get Mac2TiVo to work in Snow Leopard (10.6.8 & 10.6.1). TiVo does display my computer name under My Shows in OS 10.5.8 but gives me message: "The [my computer name] PC has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows list.” TiVo Desktop for Mac v1.95a also doesn't work in Snow Leopard, but does work in OS 10.5.8 using v1.94. Not much help from TiVo or Roxio. Spent an hour with Mach Tech at Apple Genius Bar & couldn't find anything wrong with my Mac/Software. My TiVo is a new Premier Elite. I'm beginning to think TiVo & Macintosh are not compatible, contrary to TiVo advertising.
You may already know this but the videos you want to share with the TiVo need to be added to the Mac2TiVo window inside a folder. In other words, add folders containing videos.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#20 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Yup, that's what I am doing. Have a folder with two copies of the same home video, one in .m4v format and one in .mp4 just to see what happens. Also, guess I should mention I am using Mac2TiVo v1.1 from Popcorn 4.02. It would be interesting to know if Roxio or TiVo actually ever tested their products with these Mac OS versions.

Edited by jacbec, 29 January 2012 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users