#21 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

View Postjacbec, on 29 January 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yup, that's what I am doing. Have a folder with two copies of the same home video, one in .m4v format and one in .mp4 just to see what happens. Also, guess I should mention I am using Mac2TiVo v1.1 from Popcorn 4.02. It would be interesting to know if Roxio or TiVo actually ever tested their products with these Mac OS versions.
Download the Toast 10 update and copy out the Mac2TiVo version 1.2. The version 1.1 doesn't work with the TiVo Premiere. It doesn't matter that it comes from a Toast download instead of a Popcorn download.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#22 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Can't believe Roxio never told me that. I purchased Toast Titanium 11 Pro this morning and tried Mac2TiVo 1.2.0 (102) and it still doesn't work with my TiVo Premiere Elite. Also tried the TiVo Transfer v2.0 with Toast Titanium 11 and it did transfer a large file to my Mac, but couldn't open the file it has a .TiVo file extension. The fact that TiVo Transfer transferred to my Mac seems to verify that TiVo and my MacBook Pro are indeed communicating.

#23 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postjacbec, on 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

Can't believe Roxio never told me that. I purchased Toast Titanium 11 Pro this morning and tried Mac2TiVo 1.2.0 (102) and it still doesn't work with my TiVo Premiere Elite. Also tried the TiVo Transfer v2.0 with Toast Titanium 11 and it did transfer a large file to my Mac, but couldn't open the file it has a .TiVo file extension. The fact that TiVo Transfer transferred to my Mac seems to verify that TiVo and my MacBook Pro are indeed communicating.
Mac2TiVo 1.0.2 does not work with Lion but for me it works in Snow Leopard. As for TiVo Transfer you should be able to play the .tivo files on your Mac using Toast 11's Roxio Video Player.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#24 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

There is no Roxio Video Player with my Toast Titanium 11 Pro package.

#25 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

View Postjacbec, on 30 January 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

There is no Roxio Video Player with my Toast Titanium 11 Pro package.
It is built in to Toast 11. You'll find it in the Extras menu of Toast. It should launch automatically when you select a transferred video in TiVo Transfer and click the Play button.

#26 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, now I'm back to trying to get TiVo Desktop for Mac and Mac2TiVo to work.

#27 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postjacbec, on 31 January 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

Thanks, now I'm back to trying to get TiVo Desktop for Mac and Mac2TiVo to work.
I'm not experiencing any difficulty with either in Snow Leopard on my Premiere XL.

#28 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

I now have Mac2TiVo & TiVo Transfer working on my Premier Elite, however the 2 videos I transferred with Mac2TiVo (one .mp4 & one .m4v) won' play with TiVo. My computer name shows up on the My Shows screen. When I select my computer name & the video file name & "Transfer this recording," I get a Will Transfer Later Screen which says, "This program has been added to the To Do list and will be transferred onto the [my TiVo name] DVR after previously requested programs have finished transferring." Of course the To Do List does not show my video name, just a long list of all my Season Pass recording requests. So it looks like my Roxio programs are working, but not the TiVo. I did reinstall OS 10.6 & reupdated to 10.6.8. I also reinstalled all of Toast Titanium 11 Pro & TiVo Desktop for Mac (1.95a). This is a great forum by the way & very easy to use. I appreciate the help - Sunny & snow from Boulder CO.

Edited by jacbec, 05 February 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#29 TonyInSF

TonyInSF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Another possible tip for Snow Leopard users.

I'm still trying to resolve the aspect ratio problem, but when I tried to copy some sample movies from my MacBook Pro to my TiVo, no files showed up (again). Rather than do a complete uninstall and reinstall of Toast, I simply force quit the Mac2Tivo program and then went into the Activity Monitor and force quit a process called RXTivoServer. Then, when I relaunched Mac2TiVo, it worked fine.

Regarding the aspect ratio issue, Mac2TiVo only converts videos to MPEG2 on the fly and doesn't change the aspect ratio. So far, all of the lo-res movies that I've uploaded to my TiVo are up-res'd to 720 x 480, which is an aspect ratio of 3x2 or 1.5. Therefore, on a widescreen 16x9 (1.78) display, they all appear slightly letterboxed and stretched horizontally. That, to me, appears to be the issue, but I think it might be a TiVo issue, not a Roxio issue. An aspect ratio of 1.5??? Whose idea that that?

Roxio's last suggestion was converting everything to MPEG2 before transferring, but I haven't had time to try that yet. I'm going to try to attach a PDF of examples that may be useful to those experiencing the same problem.

Attached Files

#30 jacbec

jacbec

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Received the following reply Roxio today to my problems with Mac2TiVo: "Currently, we are experiencing issue in working with Mac2Tivo. We are aware of the issue and it will fix in the future release of Toast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users