• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 William_2

William_2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

How do you ask a question on this forum?  My roxiio keeps trying to reinstall sonic MyDVD and can not find 'MyDVD.msi adn crashes my computer

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (William_2 @ Sep 12 2009, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you ask a question on this forum?  My roxiio keeps trying to reinstall sonic MyDVD and can not find 'MyDVD.msi adn crashes my computer

You ask in the appropriate forum (there's a big list of them).

However, try copying the contents of your CD to a temp folder and run it from there. If you have a download version, open it with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to the folder and run setup.exe.

If it fails to copy or extract, you have a faulty disc or file
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 William_2

William_2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Sep 12 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You ask in the appropriate forum (there's a big list of them).

However, try copying the contents of your CD to a temp folder and run it from there. If you have a download version, open it with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to the folder and run setup.exe.

If it fails to copy or extract, you have a faulty disc or file

I have the computer with this 'sonic MyDVD' on it. the software was never on a disc.  Since I am unable to find the missing file on the roxio web site, I believe the the software was in an Alpha version ( since it does not work and there is no clue as where to find it )
I have attempted to search this web site and all requests have given me a list of more than 500 pages of any listing with the words DVD ( I am looking for 'MyDVD.msi' file)  But it does not seem to exist.

#4 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (William_2 @ Sep 12 2009, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the computer with this 'sonic MyDVD' on it. the software was never on a disc.  Since I am unable to find the missing file on the roxio web site, I believe the the software was in an Alpha version ( since it does not work and there is no clue as where to find it )
I have attempted to search this web site and all requests have given me a list of more than 500 pages of any listing with the words DVD ( I am looking for 'MyDVD.msi' file)  But it does not seem to exist.

No, you don't have an "Alpha vesion".

What you have is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which came with your computer.  The company that contracted for the OEM Version (usually they are very cut-down Versions compared to the Full Version) also contracted to provide support - and they are the ones you need to contact.

I doubt this has anything to do with mickeykyle or ksj, who started this thead and have Blackberry OEM Versions.

Lynn

#5 jane49hardin

jane49hardin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE (lynn98109 @ Sep 12 2009, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you don't have an "Alpha vesion".

What you have is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which came with your computer.  The company that contracted for the OEM Version (usually they are very cut-down Versions compared to the Full Version) also contracted to provide support - and they are the ones you need to contact.

I doubt this has anything to do with mickeykyle or ksj, who started this thead and have Blackberry OEM Versions.

Lynn

I do not understand anything anyone is saying.  I have constant error messages popping up telling me I need "Sonic MyDVD.msi" from Sonic MyDVD Deluxe, which no one wants to give me support on.  I've been to HP (made my computer), Roxio, HP, Roxio, Sonic?, Roxio, etc.  It says the installation pkg. cannot be found.  You tell me it's the OEM.  Who is that..HP?  That's who "made" my computer.

I am also getting an error message about HP DigitalMedia Deluxe being missing also.  They seem to be related, as they only come together.

Please can I have some basic help, that I can understand?

Jane

#6 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,827 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (jane49hardin @ Oct 16 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not understand anything anyone is saying.  I have constant error messages popping up telling me I need "Sonic MyDVD.msi" from Sonic MyDVD Deluxe, which no one wants to give me support on.  I've been to HP (made my computer), Roxio, HP, Roxio, Sonic?, Roxio, etc.  It says the installation pkg. cannot be found.  You tell me it's the OEM.  Who is that..HP?  That's who "made" my computer.

I am also getting an error message about HP DigitalMedia Deluxe being missing also.  They seem to be related, as they only come together.

Please can I have some basic help, that I can understand?

Jane

You'll likely need to actually call HP, or e-mail them, and get a real person to connect with for support.  Yes, the OEM of your PC is HP, and since MyDVD Deluxe came installed on your PC, and you don't have a separate installation disc, they are responsible for support.  It's possible that you'll be able to have them send you an install CD for MyDVD Deluxe, but again, that'll probably have to be through a real person you connect with, not some automated, on-line support thingee.  

The same for HP DigitalMedia Deluxe.

Good luck!
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users