William_2

Sonic MyDVD can't find .MSI file

Question

How do you ask a question on this forum? My roxiio keeps trying to reinstall sonic MyDVD and can not find 'MyDVD.msi adn crashes my computer

5 answers to this question

How do you ask a question on this forum? My roxiio keeps trying to reinstall sonic MyDVD and can not find 'MyDVD.msi adn crashes my computer

You ask in the appropriate forum (there's a big list of them).

However, try copying the contents of your CD to a temp folder and run it from there. If you have a download version, open it with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to the folder and run setup.exe.

If it fails to copy or extract, you have a faulty disc or file

You ask in the appropriate forum (there's a big list of them).

However, try copying the contents of your CD to a temp folder and run it from there. If you have a download version, open it with winzip or winrar, extract the contents to the folder and run setup.exe.

If it fails to copy or extract, you have a faulty disc or file

I have the computer with this 'sonic MyDVD' on it. the software was never on a disc. Since I am unable to find the missing file on the roxio web site, I believe the the software was in an Alpha version ( since it does not work and there is no clue as where to find it )

I have attempted to search this web site and all requests have given me a list of more than 500 pages of any listing with the words DVD ( I am looking for 'MyDVD.msi' file) But it does not seem to exist.

I have the computer with this 'sonic MyDVD' on it. the software was never on a disc. Since I am unable to find the missing file on the roxio web site, I believe the the software was in an Alpha version ( since it does not work and there is no clue as where to find it )

I have attempted to search this web site and all requests have given me a list of more than 500 pages of any listing with the words DVD ( I am looking for 'MyDVD.msi' file) But it does not seem to exist.

No, you don't have an "Alpha vesion".

What you have is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which came with your computer. The company that contracted for the OEM Version (usually they are very cut-down Versions compared to the Full Version) also contracted to provide support - and they are the ones you need to contact.

I doubt this has anything to do with mickeykyle or ksj, who started this thead and have Blackberry OEM Versions.

Lynn

No, you don't have an "Alpha vesion".

What you have is an OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, which came with your computer. The company that contracted for the OEM Version (usually they are very cut-down Versions compared to the Full Version) also contracted to provide support - and they are the ones you need to contact.

I doubt this has anything to do with mickeykyle or ksj, who started this thead and have Blackberry OEM Versions.

Lynn

I do not understand anything anyone is saying. I have constant error messages popping up telling me I need "Sonic MyDVD.msi" from Sonic MyDVD Deluxe, which no one wants to give me support on. I've been to HP (made my computer), Roxio, HP, Roxio, Sonic?, Roxio, etc. It says the installation pkg. cannot be found. You tell me it's the OEM. Who is that..HP? That's who "made" my computer.

I am also getting an error message about HP DigitalMedia Deluxe being missing also. They seem to be related, as they only come together.

Please can I have some basic help, that I can understand?

Jane

I do not understand anything anyone is saying. I have constant error messages popping up telling me I need "Sonic MyDVD.msi" from Sonic MyDVD Deluxe, which no one wants to give me support on. I've been to HP (made my computer), Roxio, HP, Roxio, Sonic?, Roxio, etc. It says the installation pkg. cannot be found. You tell me it's the OEM. Who is that..HP? That's who "made" my computer.

I am also getting an error message about HP DigitalMedia Deluxe being missing also. They seem to be related, as they only come together.

Please can I have some basic help, that I can understand?

Jane

You'll likely need to actually call HP, or e-mail them, and get a real person to connect with for support. Yes, the OEM of your PC is HP, and since MyDVD Deluxe came installed on your PC, and you don't have a separate installation disc, they are responsible for support. It's possible that you'll be able to have them send you an install CD for MyDVD Deluxe, but again, that'll probably have to be through a real person you connect with, not some automated, on-line support thingee.

The same for HP DigitalMedia Deluxe.

Good luck!