• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lindac

lindac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:21 AM

When converting LP's in Easy Media Creator 10, why does the program create two files - one large file containing all tracks  (the whole album) and individual files containing each separate track?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,806 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (lindac @ Sep 15 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When converting LP's in Easy Media Creator 10, why does the program create two files - one large file containing all tracks  (the whole album) and individual files containing each separate track?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There are two (perhaps 3) applications that capture from an LP.  Which one are you using? I'm assuming that you are using LP and Tape Assistant rather than Easy Audio Capture (from Sound Card).   How do you have the options set?    

What do you want; you didn't say AND why is it a problem?

I prefer Easy Audio Capture because it has more options.  (Going from memory on EMC 10).

Attached Images

• lptrackoptions.jpg

Edited by sknis, 15 September 2009 - 04:04 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 lindac

lindac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Thank you for your reply.  I'm using LP and tape assistant.  Once I have 'tagged' my tracks with the relevant information (artist, title etc.) and save to file I end up with two files.  One that is around 40mb and 29 minutes in length that contains all the tracks in one continuous file and then ten individual folders with one track within each folder.  Maybe there is a reason for this but to me it just seems like a doubling up of the information.  I then have to go and delete the large file.

I enable track detection in the settings box.  All other settings are set to default.

I realise this isn't a serious problem but I'd be interested to know why it occurs.

Thanks & regards

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,337 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:38 AM

EMC 10 has been out of production for over 2 years now…
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users