Mack08

MyDVD 10 Premier

Question

Last week I bought, downloaded and installed Roxio Creator 2010..... All is fine.

I then purchased an upgrade for my photoshow express.....All is fine.

Yesterday I bought and downloaded MyDVD10. The download came no problems, however when I try to install this new program, I get all the signals that claim the installation is in progress, then at the end I get an error and I'm required to install Roxio Creator 2010. The problem is, I have already installed Roxio Creator.

I tried the process a few more times, but I'm still getting the error message that I need to install Roxio Creator 2010.

Any ideas on what action I need to take ?

Edited by Mack08

2 answers to this question

Last week I bought, downloaded and installed Roxio Creator 2010..... All is fine.

I then purchased an upgrade for my photoshow express.....All is fine.

Yesterday I bought and downloaded MyDVD10. The download came no problems, however when I try to install this new program, I get all the signals that claim the installation is in progress, then at the end I get an error and I'm required to install Roxio Creator 2010. The problem is, I have already installed Roxio Creator.

I tried the process a few more times, but I'm still getting the error message that I need to install Roxio Creator 2010.

Any ideas on what action I need to take ?

The exact text of the error message would be helpful for anyone trying to help.

That aside, why would you buy MyDVD 10, which is a subset of the EMC 10, which is two versions older than the Creator 2010 you bought? Creator 2010 has everything (and then some) that is in MyDVD 10. If it was me, I'd return the MyDVD 10 for a refund. It's redundant to what you have in Creator 2010.

The exact text of the error message would be helpful for anyone trying to help.

That aside, why would you buy MyDVD 10, which is a subset of the EMC 10, which is two versions older than the Creator 2010 you bought? Creator 2010 has everything (and then some) that is in MyDVD 10. If it was me, I'd return the MyDVD 10 for a refund. It's redundant to what you have in Creator 2010.

The only reason for keeping myDVD10 would be for its DivX function which unfortunately has been dropped in Creator 2010.

I have C2010 and EMC 10 installed on my Vista 64 and have no problems. It may be that the order of installing is important. Could be that myDVD10 "corrupted" C2010 during the install