jazzace

Can't see Series 2 Contents List

Question

Beta 1 was a total failure for me — SBOD upon launch. Beta 2 is better in that it launches and I can see the items already transferred to my computer, but it does not list the items actually on my Series 2 TiVo. It shows information about one of the items on my TiVo in the information bar across the top when the DVR is selected (the item most recently recorded), but the listings below are absolutely blank, the Create Auto Transfer and Start Transfer buttons are disabled, and moving the arrow keys around does nothing useful.

iMac 24" (Late 2006) 2.16 HGz / 3 GB RAM

Mac OS X 10.6.1

TiVo Series 2

8 answers to this question

Beta 1 was a total failure for me — SBOD upon launch. Beta 2 is better in that it launches and I can see the items already transferred to my computer, but it does not list the items actually on my Series 2 TiVo. It shows information about one of the items on my TiVo in the information bar across the top when the DVR is selected (the item most recently recorded), but the listings below are absolutely blank, the Create Auto Transfer and Start Transfer buttons are disabled, and moving the arrow keys around does nothing useful.

iMac 24" (Late 2006) 2.16 HGz / 3 GB RAM

Mac OS X 10.6.1

TiVo Series 2

Did the original release of TiVo Transfer work for you?

I'm experiencing the same issue as Jazzace with my series 2 DVR and Snow Leopard, however I noticed that it did manage to transfer a show that I set up on auto transfer and I can see that auto transfer in the auto transfers list. Beyond that I can see nothing on my DVR from Tivo Transfer.

EDITED: I'm going to send you both by e-mail a private beta build with some different logging, please DO NOT restart your DVR before running this.

EDIT 2: You both have email, please take a look!!!

I'm having same issues with Beta 2 and Snow Leopard. I can see items already transferred but can't see items on Tivo Series 2 DVR and therefore can't transfer new shows.

Any idea when a new update is coming out?

Macbook 2008 (black)

Mac OS X 10.6.1

TiVo Series 2

Toast 9.05

If you would like another test case for this condition, I'm seeing the same behavior.

Ditto here: Empty contents when I select my TiVo but I can see the few movies I transferred with an older version of TiVo Transfer when I select TiVo Recordings.

Ditto here: Empty contents when I select my TiVo but I can see the few movies I transferred with an older version of TiVo Transfer when I select TiVo Recordings.

TiVo Transfer Beta 3 is now posted. If you can use the same links you followed to download the last version, you will receive the Beta 3 version which may resolve your issue.

Once you download and try it, can you please reply back here if it worked or you're still having a problem?

Thanks