Sign in to follow this  
Shane32

Editing video before burning to DVD?

Question

Is it possible to edit video (trim beginning/ending, edit out commercials) in Popcorn before burning to DVD? How about video transferred from TiVo?

I keep seeing posts describing how to do this in Toast and since it was my understanding that Popcorn is essentially the video side of Toast, I was thinking that I would be able to do this in Popcorn as well. If Popcorn can't do this, can Toast?

3 answers to this question

Popcorn 3 came out before Toast 9 which introduced editing. The editor is improved in Toast 10. You use it to mark the parts you want excluded from the resulting DVD or the exported video file. The source video isn't modified. It also serves as a video player (it actually loads as a separate application called Toast Video Player).

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasted $50 on Popcorn and should have bought Toast to begin with.

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is anything Popcorn can do that Toast can't?

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasted $50 on Popcorn and should have bought Toast to begin with.

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is anything Popcorn can do that Toast can't?

Not when compared with Toast 10. It used to be that Popcorn and Toast played leap frog with their video features. Maybe Roxio is working on a new improved Popcorn but I wouldn't know. Popcorn 3 does have the advantage of lesser system requirements.