• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shane32

Shane32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Is it possible to edit video (trim beginning/ending, edit out commercials) in Popcorn before burning to DVD?  How about video transferred from TiVo?

I keep seeing posts describing how to do this in Toast and since it was my understanding that Popcorn is essentially the video side of Toast, I was thinking that I would be able to do this in Popcorn as well.  If Popcorn can't do this, can Toast?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:14 PM

Popcorn 3 came out before Toast 9 which introduced editing. The editor is improved in Toast 10. You use it to mark the parts you want excluded from the resulting DVD or the exported video file. The source video isn't modified. It also serves as a video player (it actually loads as a separate application called Toast Video Player).
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Shane32

Shane32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I wasted $50 on Popcorn and should have bought Toast to begin with.

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is anything Popcorn can do that Toast can't?

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Shane32 @ Sep 20 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply.  I guess I wasted $50 on Popcorn and should have bought Toast to begin with.

Do you (or anyone else) know if there is anything Popcorn can do that Toast can't?

Not when compared with Toast 10. It used to be that Popcorn and Toast played leap frog with their video features. Maybe Roxio is working on a new improved Popcorn but I wouldn't know. Popcorn 3 does have the advantage of lesser system requirements.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users