• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Drew Schmth

Snow Leopard titanium toast 8 problem

Question

Since the Snow Leopard installation,Photo CD burned with Roxio Titanium Toast 8 will not play Slide show.Folder opens OK on single photos.Roxio doesn't even support Toast 8 anymore,Apple has no answers(even tho the Apple store carries and recommends titanium toast!).They have issues with Toast 9&10 malfunctioning with Tivo,tho).Any ideas?

Drew

2 answers to this question

Since the Snow Leopard installation,Photo CD burned with Roxio Titanium Toast 8 will not play Slide show.Folder opens OK on single photos.Roxio doesn't even support Toast 8 anymore,Apple has no answers(even tho the Apple store carries and recommends titanium toast!).They have issues with Toast 9&10 malfunctioning with Tivo,tho).Any ideas?

Drew

After installing the much anticipated Snow leopard,Toast 8 quit working all together,demanding that I shut my mac down, then it dissapeared when I re started Bummer, no support no regrets from Roxio or Apple support.

There are 2 options, the first is what Roxio wants you to do ...Buy toast 10, they no longer support other toast products.

The second is find a better product, just make sure Mac leopard is compatible before u buy. :angry2:

After installing the much anticipated Snow leopard,Toast 8 quit working all together,demanding that I shut my mac down, then it dissapeared when I re started Bummer, no support no regrets from Roxio or Apple support.

There are 2 options, the first is what Roxio wants you to do ...Buy toast 10, they no longer support other toast products.

The second is find a better product, just make sure Mac leopard is compatible before u buy. :angry2:

Toast 8 should still work for many things in Snow Leopard but there are incompatibilities and it won't be updated by Roxio because they designated it a Legacy product. The Photo Disc issue was just fixed with the Toast 10.0.3 update. There is a way to view those photos the same as the photo disc and that is to open the folder, choose Select All and press the space bar to activate QuickView.

Since your Toast 8 isn't working I suggest trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your user>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast. I don't comprehend how Toast could be gone from your Mac, but if it is you can download the latest version from Roxio's software updates page.

Some things that don't work are the Toast it and Mount it contextual menus (you may want to trash those from your contextual menus folder) and the photo disc. I'm sure there are other issues. You probably can find more conflicts described if you browse the Toast 9 and 10 user forums. Basically your decision to upgrade your OS made your copy of Toast obsolete but still somewhat usable.