Sign in to follow this  
kenh

Beta 2 works fine to Series 2, not to Series 3

Question

I just got a new Mac Pro running 10.6. Previously I was on a Power Mac G5 using Toast 9, and Tivo Transfer worked fine.

I upgraded to Toast 10 on the new machine, and I downloaded the Beta2 version of Tivo Transfer.

I have two TiVos; A Series 2 Dual Tuner, and a Series 3. Both TiVos appear in the list of TiVos, but only the Series 2 shows as having any shows on it. I can transfer shows off of it just fine; I can't get any shows off of the Series 3.

One thing I just noticed; the spinning wheel at the lower right of the Tivo Transfer window spins a long time when I select the Series 3, and it shows at the top of the window a description of a show (I'm assuming the first one in the list). Nothing appears in the list, though.

1 answer to this question

I just got a new Mac Pro running 10.6. Previously I was on a Power Mac G5 using Toast 9, and Tivo Transfer worked fine.

I upgraded to Toast 10 on the new machine, and I downloaded the Beta2 version of Tivo Transfer.

I have two TiVos; A Series 2 Dual Tuner, and a Series 3. Both TiVos appear in the list of TiVos, but only the Series 2 shows as having any shows on it. I can transfer shows off of it just fine; I can't get any shows off of the Series 3.

One thing I just noticed; the spinning wheel at the lower right of the Tivo Transfer window spins a long time when I select the Series 3, and it shows at the top of the window a description of a show (I'm assuming the first one in the list). Nothing appears in the list, though.

Please try the beta 3 build just posted, use the same download link and you'll get the new version.