• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mracejones

mracejones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

Every time I try to convert a home DVD to a video file on my PC, Windows tells me "ROXIO VIDEO CONVERTER HAS STOPPED WORKING".  The caching title window pops up right before it happens.  Also when I view the details of why it may be happening it displays this:

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC918.tmp.version.txt
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD93F.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDA0B.tmp.hdmp
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREEC4.tmp.wmi.txt

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it but back when I was doing the install I had to do a premature cancelation of the install.  It was reversing it's steps after the cancel was done but stalled part way.  I left it sit a long while with no more progress.  Finally I just Xed out of the small window and it informed me that if I closed now that some TEMP files wouldn't be deleted.  I waited a few more times but gave up and closed it.  I'm not familiar with how TEMP files work but could that be part of the problem?

My O/S is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Any help would be appreciated it.

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (mracejones @ Sep 23 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[snip]

Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it but back when I was doing the install I had to do a premature cancelation of the install.  It was reversing it's steps after the cancel was done but stalled part way.  I left it sit a long while with no more progress.  Finally I just Xed out of the small window and it informed me that if I closed now that some TEMP files wouldn't be deleted.  I waited a few more times but gave up and closed it.  I'm not familiar with how TEMP files work but could that be part of the problem?

You're kidding, right?  blink.gif  blink.gif
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (mracejones @ Sep 23 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time I try to convert a home DVD to a video file on my PC, Windows tells me "ROXIO VIDEO CONVERTER HAS STOPPED WORKING".  The caching title window pops up right before it happens.  Also when I view the details of why it may be happening it displays this:

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC918.tmp.version.txt
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD93F.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDA0B.tmp.hdmp
  C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREEC4.tmp.wmi.txt

Have you tried a repair install? Why would you cancel the installation? Were you getting any error messages?

You can't really expect the software to work if you cancelled the installation blink.gif

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 mracejones

mracejones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

Was not trying to be funny.  What I meant was after that first initial cancellation, I installed it again.  Since the complete install it doesn't work.  Have tried the repair install and also a complete reinstall and still the same result.  Is there a correlation with the temp files it's referring to?

#5 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

Does it work with any other file? Are you changing anything under "Options" ?

Edited by firenhancer, 24 September 2009 - 01:40 PM.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (mracejones @ Sep 24 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was not trying to be funny.  What I meant was after that first initial cancellation, I installed it again.  Since the complete install it doesn't work.  Have tried the repair install and also a complete reinstall and still the same result.  Is there a correlation with the temp files it's referring to?

What kind of DVD files are you trying to convert? Do you have the standard Video_TS folder on that DVD containing ifo,bup and vob files? I assume you copied the files to your hard drive and are trying to convert those files and not directly from the DVD.

Explaining exactly what you are doing might help.

Also, if you try use the Options button it will most likely crash the program (usually when using Vista 64) . This has been reported as a bug.

Edited by myguggi, 24 September 2009 - 02:04 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 mracejones

mracejones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Basically what I am trying to do is change the format from DVD to mpeg.  It's what ever kind a personal video recorder would use.  First I tried to do it straight from the DVD.  The left hand SOURCE side appears to be okay.  On the right hand side CHOOSE OUPUT side I am changing it to VIDEO.  It would immediately crash when it goes to title caching.  After copying it to the hard drive,  it's the standard Video_TS folder on that DVD containing ifo, bup and vob files, I tried again.  The "Save file to:" lights ups on the OUTPUT side and I click the green arrow to go.  Then it crashes again when it does the title caching.
I saw what you meant about clicking on the option button.  It crashed the program immediately.  Thanks guys.

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (mracejones @ Sep 25 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically what I am trying to do is change the format from DVD to mpeg.  It's what ever kind a personal video recorder would use.  First I tried to do it straight from the DVD.  The left hand SOURCE side appears to be okay.  On the right hand side CHOOSE OUPUT side I am changing it to VIDEO.  It would immediately crash when it goes to title caching.  After copying it to the hard drive,  it's the standard Video_TS folder on that DVD containing ifo, bup and vob files, I tried again.  The "Save file to:" lights ups on the OUTPUT side and I click the green arrow to go.  Then it crashes again when it does the title caching.
I saw what you meant about clicking on the option button.  It crashed the program immediately.  Thanks guys.

Copy the files, from the DVD, to your hard drive.  Open VideoWave (Edit Video-Advance), click on Add Photo/Video, browse to the Video_TS folder where your DVD files are, and bring in the .vobs.

Then, click on the Output button, then on Export as, and export it as an mpeg file, to a folder on your hard drive.
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users