Mary Jane

Cannot delete camera icon

Question

I am having a problem! I am making a photo show and among my photos in the "View All" group pictures there is a camera icon. I clicked on it and nothing happens so when I try to delete it by putting it into the trash bin a pop up appears saying Photoshow has encountered a problem and closes my Photo Show 5. I moved the camera icon to the end of the photo show to see what would happen when I played the Photo Show and when it get to the picture before the camera icon it just sits on the last picture and the music continuesto play for minutes. I hit edit to see what would happen and a pop up appears saying "PhotoShow was unable tp process the image (the camera icon and gives the jpg name) and cannot complete this operation and closes.

Therefore, I cannot finish the Photoshow and make a DVD of it. What can I do? Concerned and upset customer. I can find no way to get around the camera icon or delete it.

13 answers to this question

I am having a problem! I am making a photo show and among my photos in the "View All" group pictures there is a camera icon. I clicked on it and nothing happens so when I try to delete it by putting it into the trash bin a pop up appears saying Photoshow has encountered a problem and closes my Photo Show 5. I moved the camera icon to the end of the photo show to see what would happen when I played the Photo Show and when it get to the picture before the camera icon it just sits on the last picture and the music continuesto play for minutes. I hit edit to see what would happen and a pop up appears saying "PhotoShow was unable tp process the image (the camera icon and gives the jpg name) and cannot complete this operation and closes.

Therefore, I cannot finish the Photoshow and make a DVD of it. What can I do? Concerned and upset customer. I can find no way to get around the camera icon or delete it.

Are you sure that it is a jpg file and not a bmp or raw file? Look at the properties of the file. Did you add any compresssion to the file or use a non-standard jpg? Hvae you moved its location on your computer from where you made the original PhotoShow?

Have you tried Photoshow 6? Have you tried a Windows repair on Photoshow 5?

There were two other people who have had the problem but I could not find any resolution.

I just received an answer from Tech Support. They told me to go into Photo File and delete the picture. They said it was corrupt. I do not understand how and why that happened, however. They then told me to delete the entire photo show and start it all over. I am not happy but what can we do. At least, for now, I know this photo show cannot be used and I have to start over. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!

So what happened if you just delete the picture in question? Do you end up having a successful photo show?

IF I COULD DELETE THE CAMERA ICON!!!!! YES MY PHOTO SHOW WOULD BE A BIG SUCCESS!!! BUT I CANNOT DELETE THE ICON!!!! I HIT THE TRASH BIN AND IT CLOSES OUT OF THE PROGRAM WHEN YOU TRY TO DELETE IT. I did delete it from the file where my pictures are stored, but I cannot delete the icon from the show.

It has been moved to the last photo of the Photo Show and when you play to watch it, the picture just sits there and the music continues to play and it will not move until you go in and close it. You can't even EDIT it when it comes to the spot where the camera icon is.

Yes, I see others are having this same problem so it is not just my problem. Roxio needs to figure out what is causing the Camera Icon and/or find out how to delet it. My photoshow has some 300 photos in it and I have put alot of time into it. I'm making it for family and friends and hate to start all over again. I'm hoping someone will come up with a solution and I am not going to delete the Photoshow yet. TOO much work has gone into it. Thank you for answering, maybe someone will find out how to delete the icon.

I cannot duplicate the camera icon issue so I have a suggestion below.

Before you do this, copy the photoshow file and save with another name.

Open the newly named photoshow. Delete the photo before the one with camera icon. Now try to delete that camera icon image. Does it allow you to do it? If not, delete the next photo after the camera icon. Now delete the camera icon. Does it work?

PS: Is the photo associated with the camera icon still in the same folder with the rest of the photos? Just wondering if the photo got moved physcially elsewhere.

Edited by malatekid

I went into Photo Show and copied the photo show like you said - save as. I had to readd the music and set up settings, time etc. The camera icon was not in the copied photoshow, however, it is still in my Photo file and the first photo show. Anyway, I am burning a DVD of the Photo Show and we'll see tomorrow what happens. It's late and I'm going to bed. I'll see in the morning what happens and let you know. Thank you, I think you gave me the solution and I'm so glad I did not delete the original Photo show like The Tech people told me to. If this works I guess I will delete the corrupt Photo show. Not sure how I will delete the corrupt camera icon in my Photo File. When I try an error occurs and it closes. Let you know more tomorrow. Thanks again!

Have you tried to delete the icon after you have re-booted your computer but before opening any programs? It may not delete because some program has it in use. Unless you have that program as an autostart program at boot time. it should not he held captive.

I went into Photo Show and copied the photo show like you said - save as. I had to readd the music and set up settings, time etc. The camera icon was not in the copied photoshow, however, it is still in my Photo file and the first photo show. Anyway, I am burning a DVD of the Photo Show and we'll see tomorrow what happens. It's late and I'm going to bed. I'll see in the morning what happens and let you know. Thank you, I think you gave me the solution and I'm so glad I did not delete the original Photo show like The Tech people told me to. If this works I guess I will delete the corrupt Photo show. Not sure how I will delete the corrupt camera icon in my Photo File. When I try an error occurs and it closes. Let you know more tomorrow. Thanks again!

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by malatekid

Have you tried to delete the icon after you have re-booted your computer but before opening any programs? It may not delete because some program has it in use. Unless you have that program as an autostart program at boot time. it should not he held captive.

I closed down my computer this morning, just opened Photo Show, went to My PC Files-My Pics-Then opened the File with the camera icon. I tried to delete the picture and Microsoft error poped up saying "PhotoShow has encountered a problem and needs to close. Camera icon was shown in the error. Would not delete and closed down. Reopened and tried to delete from the actual first Photoshow and the same thing happened. Don't understand about Photoshow being on autostart. Explain and maybe my husband can check. Why won't it delete out of Photoshow. The camera icon is not in my original File on my computer under My Documents-My Pictures. I'm thinking I need to DELETE the FILE out of Photo Show and also delete the actual Photo Show with camera icon.

Someone told me on the forum to copy the Photoshow with the icon- to save as and rename and then see what happens. I did and the new Photoshow I saved did not have the camera icon in it. I burned it and made a DVD of it. I used a DVD+R to make the photoshow. If you notice, I also have the problem that I cannot burn a DVD-R on my computer out of PhotoShow 5. I can burn DVD-Rs out of my computer for any other program but just not out of PhotoShow 5. BIG MYSTERY! JUST LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO DELETE THE CAMERA ICON. I really appreciate the help that you people give. Thanks.

Please let me know if there is something else I can try to delete the camera icon, or should I just delete both files. If I delete the file out of MY PC FILES-MY PICS, will it download again when I reopen PhotoShow 5 like it recognizes a new file or will that file just not be in my PhotoShow. And do you have any idea why PhotoShow 5 will not burn a DVD-R. It's simply CRAZY!

Someone told me on the forum to copy the Photoshow with the icon- to save as and rename and then see what happens. I did and the new Photoshow I saved did not have the camera icon in it. I burned it and made a DVD of it. I used a DVD+R to make the photoshow.

Glad to know the duplicate Photoshow file does not have the camera icon anymore, and that it burned successfully (based on my reading of your post).

You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.

THANK YOU - THANK YOU! The Photoshow worked, no camera icon in the NEW SAVED AS PHOTOSHOW and I have a DVD of the Photoshow to copy and give to my friends and family now.

Now how do we get rid of the camera icon? I guess I should delete the Photo Show and also the FILE in MY PC FILES-MY PICS since there seems to be no way to delete the camera icon - - error from Microsoft keeps poping up.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason why my Photo Show 5 will not burn a DVD-R but will burn a DVD+R. I mention this problem in the forum also. I have worked with Tech support for 2 months. There is nothing wrong with my computer setups, my burner burns both DVD-R and DVD+R and I can burn DVD-R out of other Roxio programs but just not PhotoShow 5. Photo Show had to be reinstalled in June because my computer crashed and when the new one was sent that was when the problem with the DVD-R began. I had never used DVD+Rs so I had no idea about it until a friend finally told me to just try a DVD+R and see what would happen. If you have any ideas about either of my problems - DELETE CAMERA ICON and NOT ABLE TO BURN A DVD-R OUT OF PHOTO SHOW 5 I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for saving my Big Photo Show that I already have made twice. The first time it was lost when my computer crashed in May. Then when I finished it again and it was ready to burn, realized the camera icon situation. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! A Greatful Person

A single "Thank You" is more than enough. :D

I am tempted to recommend for you to do this but Photoshow is not included in the software list published in that article so I don't know what will happen if you go ahead and apply it.

Edited by malatekid

Try starting your computer in the safe mode and see if you can delete the camera icon. Very few things start in the safe mode.

As an alternate

Go to Windows Start, type in msconfig and then go to the start up tab. Note which ones have a check mark next to them (write them down), Check to disable them all. Shut down and reboot. Acknowledge that you made the change. Now try to delete the icon.

Now repeat the msconfig but put a check mark next to those that had check marks before. Re-boot and acknowledge.

Do you have any other image processing programs on your computer - PhotsoShop, Picasa, anything like that? Something is holding onto that icon so you can't delete it.