• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

TiVo Transfer Beta 3 is now posted.  You can use the same links you followed to download the last version, you will receive the Beta 3 version.

If you were having any issues with the previous version, please try the new one and post with any issues.

thanks

- patatrox

#2 beachguy

beachguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

TiVo Transfer Beta 3 is still no go for me with Snow Leopard and Popcorn3.  My TiVo Recordings folder is on an external hard drive.  When I attempt to change the folder location in Preferences I get the spinning beach ball and the Preferences window won't close.  There is some initial hard drive access but TiVo Transfer for Popcorn then needs to be force quit.

Have tried trashing the prefs file in Library/Preferences with same result as above.

#3 wzx

wzx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (beachguy @ Sep 29 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TiVo Transfer Beta 3 is still no go for me with Snow Leopard and Popcorn3.  My TiVo Recordings folder is on an external hard drive.  When I attempt to change the folder location in Preferences I get the spinning beach ball and the Preferences window won't close.  There is some initial hard drive access but TiVo Transfer for Popcorn then needs to be force quit.

Have tried trashing the prefs file in Library/Preferences with same result as above.

What happens after trashing the pref file and re-launch? can you provide more detail description?

#4 beachguy

beachguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (wzx @ Sep 29 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens after trashing the pref file and re-launch? can you provide more detail description?

Same as with the initial launch.  I opened the Preferences panel, re-input the media key, and attempted to switch the "TiVo Recordings" location.  It would stick on the beachball and show the "Force Quit" option in the dock icon popup.

NEW INFORMATION:

Left it running overnight and it finally displayed my TiVo Recordings list from the external drive.  Should this take over 3 hours to index 900GB of recordings?  It would be helpful to show a progress bar or indicator that it is working on indexing files.

Still won't work though.  When I re-launch it is non responsive.  No window opens, beachball spins, hard drive is accessed, "Force Quit" option shows in dock.

Is the TiVo Recordings index stored in the Prefs file?  I don't want to try trashing that if it takes overnight to index again.

#5 kenh

kenh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

This version works for me!  Thanks, guys!

#6 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (beachguy @ Sep 30 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same as with the initial launch.  I opened the Preferences panel, re-input the media key, and attempted to switch the "TiVo Recordings" location.  It would stick on the beachball and show the "Force Quit" option in the dock icon popup.

NEW INFORMATION:

Left it running overnight and it finally displayed my TiVo Recordings list from the external drive.  Should this take over 3 hours to index 900GB of recordings?  It would be helpful to show a progress bar or indicator that it is working on indexing files.

Still won't work though.  When I re-launch it is non responsive.  No window opens, beachball spins, hard drive is accessed, "Force Quit" option shows in dock.

Is the TiVo Recordings index stored in the Prefs file?  I don't want to try trashing that if it takes overnight to index again.

This is fixed in beta 4 now posted.

- patatrox

#7 beachguy

beachguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (patatrox @ Oct 3 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is fixed in beta 4 now posted.

Works great, thanks!  Indexes in 5 seconds instead of five hours!  

No audio though in "Toast Video Player".  Is there an update beyond Version 1.0 that works with Snow Leopard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users