Jump to content

Roxio Community

Burning WAV Files Onto CD


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 carlowe2

carlowe2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:51 PM

I have made a series of audio files (recordings of my own voice) with my Olympus microrecorder that I would like to burn onto CDs with my Roxio software. The microrecorder files are in WAV format and have been transferred to my hard drive. I tried burning some of them onto a CD yesterday, but it didn't turn out right. The first time, I tried burning them as data files, and I didn't get any error messages from Roxio, but I didn't get any sound when I tried to play the CD. The next time, I tried transferring the files in the music format, but I got some sort of error message from Roxio about the audio files not being transferrable. Does anyone have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Also, is there any way to index or somehow mark the files or subcategories within the files so I can get to them easily? For example, the files I have recorded are foreign language vocabulary, and each file focuses on a category of words, like food, clothes, etc., and each of those categories are divided into subcategories. It is those subcategories I would like to index somehow so I can fast forward to them more easily, if possible. I am assuming that each file I would burn onto a CD would be its own track.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,271 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:09 AM

View Postcarlowe2, on May 29 2006, 02:51 AM, said:

I have made a series of audio files (recordings of my own voice) with my Olympus microrecorder that I would like to burn onto CDs with my Roxio software. The microrecorder files are in WAV format and have been transferred to my hard drive. I tried burning some of them onto a CD yesterday, but it didn't turn out right. The first time, I tried burning them as data files, and I didn't get any error messages from Roxio, but I didn't get any sound when I tried to play the CD. The next time, I tried transferring the files in the music format, but I got some sort of error message from Roxio about the audio files not being transferrable. Does anyone have any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Also, is there any way to index or somehow mark the files or subcategories within the files so I can get to them easily? For example, the files I have recorded are foreign language vocabulary, and each file focuses on a category of words, like food, clothes, etc., and each of those categories are divided into subcategories. It is those subcategories I would like to index somehow so I can fast forward to them more easily, if possible. I am assuming that each file I would burn onto a CD would be its own track.

Read this post:

http://forums.suppor...4191&hl=olympus

#3 carlowe2

carlowe2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

View Postogdens, on May 29 2006, 03:09 AM, said:



Thanks. My original thought was to try and convert the WAV file to something else, but I didn't know what file type would be best or if it would be possible to do in Roxio. Do you have a link for instructions on converting files from WAV to MP3?

#4 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,271 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

View Postcarlowe2, on May 29 2006, 08:27 PM, said:

Thanks. My original thought was to try and convert the WAV file to something else, but I didn't know what file type would be best or if it would be possible to do in Roxio. Do you have a link for instructions on converting files from WAV to MP3?

Re-read the link I gave you.

#5 Grizz

Grizz

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

This shouldn't be a problem, I do something similar often.  Create a .wav file and burn it to a CD via the CD Project.  Works great.

BUT>>  I do have a problem playing them on a Ford Focus CD/MP3 player.  I can burn the CD using competitors software and play them on the Ford no problem.  I can play the CD's on any other player.  Just not the Ford.  Go figure.  :)

#6 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,271 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:58 PM

View PostGrizz, on Aug 21 2006, 05:52 PM, said:

This shouldn't be a problem, I do something similar often. Create a .wav file and burn it to a CD via the CD Project. Works great.

BUT>> I do have a problem playing them on a Ford Focus CD/MP3 player. I can burn the CD using competitors software and play them on the Ford no problem. I can play the CD's on any other player. Just not the Ford. Go figure. :)


So, what you are saying is dont by a Ford.

#7 Beerman

Beerman

    Digital Beer Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • -7,000 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just outside the Big Easy

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:26 PM

View Postogdens, on Aug 21 2006, 04:58 PM, said:

So, what you are saying is dont by a Ford.
:)  :huh:  :D
Paul
------
Custom Built ASUS P8Z77 V-Deluxe, Core i7 3770k, 16 GB Memory-ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560, H80i Cooler, 750W Power Supply, COOLER MASTER HAF XM RC-922XM-KKN1 case,Corsair Force Series GS CSSD-F240GBGS-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III SSD, InfiniTV4 & HDHomerun Tuners- running Windows 8 (and other goodies)
#2-P877WS- Core i7 3770k, 16GB Memory-GeForce GTX 650Ti, SATA III SSD, H100i cooler, 750W PS,

#8 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,611 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

View Postogdens, on Aug 21 2006, 04:58 PM, said:

So, what you are saying is dont by a Ford.
LOLLOL!
Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

#9 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,896 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Redlands, California

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

You might try playing the files on another make of auto besides a FORD FOCUS and see if they play (i.e. Chevy, Buick, Toyoto, M.B., Caddy, Nisson, even a Dodge). :)



Seriously, some car audio players will only play CDA audio files. Some will play both CDA and MP3 and still others will only play MP3's. I would assume that if you have a CD player in your Ford Focus, it should at least play CDA audio files, and I doubt seriously that it will play MP3 audio.

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers


3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems


1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users