• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:34 PM

Beta 4 should resolve just about every issue reported here, from not being able to list shows on DVRs to hang or crash on startup.

If you have any more issues, please try downloading the latest build from the same links as previous versions and you'll notice the Beta4 designation as part of the filename.

- patatrox

#2 njmike

njmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (patatrox @ Oct 3 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beta 4 should resolve just about every issue reported here, from not being able to list shows on DVRs to hang or crash on startup.

If you have any more issues, please try downloading the latest build from the same links as previous versions and you'll notice the Beta4 designation as part of the filename.

Not for me. I loaded beta4a and it is not listing shows. On a Macbook Air running 10.6.1 with a Series 3 TiVo.

#3 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (njmike @ Oct 3 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not for me. I loaded beta4a and it is not listing shows. On a Macbook Air running 10.6.1 with a Series 3 TiVo.

Did any of the previous beta builds list shows from the DVR?  Does the DVR itself show in the list?  I assume prior to upgrading to 10.6 you could see shows with the older versions?

- patatrox

#4 Dave Wells

Dave Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (patatrox @ Oct 3 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't see any difference between the original TiVo Transfer, and any of the Beta versions 1 thru 4! I am using Toast 10.0.2 with my Unibody MacBook Pro and OS X 10.6.1 and TiVo Series 2. The window opens, but NOTHING is listed under "TIVO DVRs"

.... wait, wait, while trying to capture the console message for troubleshooting the reason why it wasn't working, after about a minute or two the DVR and files did eventually appear. Hopefully it is faster the next time, but at least it works smile.gif - Beta 4

Edited by Dave Wells, 06 October 2009 - 11:42 PM.

#5 oneplus1

oneplus1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

I had toast 8 and then purchased popcorn 3 when I learned Toast 8 wasn't going to support SL.  I'm having better luck with Beta 4a in downloading shows from my Tivo.   When I click on play in the Tivo Transfer for Popcorn it loads Toast Video Player version 1.0 but there is no sound during playback.   There isn't sound on programs that I downloaded prior to upgrading to Snow Leopard either.  But, if I 'Pop It'  into another format there is audio. Is there anything I can do to enable the audio in the Video Player?

#6 cold_cat

cold_cat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (patatrox @ Oct 3 2009, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did any of the previous beta builds list shows from the DVR?  Does the DVR itself show in the list?  I assume prior to upgrading to 10.6 you could see shows with the older versions?

Same situation for me - Beta 2 showed recordings on my DVR, but just downloaded Beta 4 and now nothing shows up - let it sit for 30 mins, but alas no change. Trying to go back by launching the beta 2 app, now it is also missing the PVR. Tried deleting the tivo.plist file, removing the Media Key, terminating and relaunching, but nothing. Any suggestions, this is really frustrating?

#7 cold_cat

cold_cat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (cold_cat @ Oct 15 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same situation for me - Beta 2 showed recordings on my DVR, but just downloaded Beta 4 and now nothing shows up - let it sit for 30 mins, but alas no change. Trying to go back by launching the beta 2 app, now it is also missing the PVR. Tried deleting the tivo.plist file, removing the Media Key, terminating and relaunching, but nothing. Any suggestions, this is really frustrating?

Better luck this morning - after re-boot, long wait for the Tivo app window to show up, the DVR showed up. A couple of minutes spinning globe, then the recordings showed up as well.

#8 Dave Wells

Dave Wells

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (cold_cat @ Oct 15 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better luck this morning - after re-boot, long wait for the Tivo app window to show up, the DVR showed up. A couple of minutes spinning globe, then the recordings showed up as well.

Yeah, I was having a panic attack last night when the DVR didn't show up and therefore no files. But as soon as I clicked on the Finder "network" icon, and my Airport showed in the Finder window, the DVR immediately appeared. My guess is that it just takes a while to find the WiFi hub and then locate the DVR on the network.

Feeling more confident now   rolleyes.gif

#9 Otto K.

Otto K.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:18 PM

I'm still getting a crash upon launch using Beta 4 (Oct 2 one)

I won't include the whole crash report, but here is the top portion:

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  4

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: [[NSFileManager defaultManager] fileExistsAtPath:m_path isDirectory:&isDir]'
*** Call stack at first throw:
(
0   CoreFoundation                      0x9196d58a __raiseError + 410
1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x91b80f49 objc_exception_throw + 56
2   CoreFoundation                      0x9196d2b8 +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 136
3   Foundation                          0x92c39e0f -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 116
4   TiVo Transfer                       0x00013d10 -[RXDirectoryNotification initWithPath:] + 677
5   TiVo Transfer                       0x00011335 -[TTTivoRecordingsViewController parserThread] + 326
6   Foundation                          0x92b70964 -[NSThread main] + 45
7   Foundation                          0x92b70914 __NSThread__main__ + 1499
8   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x956c1f39 _pthread_start + 345
9   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x956c1dbe thread_start + 34
)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users