Roxio Community

Is there a length/file size limit for transfers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpwoodward

mpwoodward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:26 AM

I have the latest (beta 3) version of TiVo Transfer and Toast 10 Titanium running on a Mac Mini.

I transferred a 2 hour 30 minute HD recording from a TiVo Series 3 to the Mac Mini yesterday, and let it run overnight. It completed and didn't throw any errors that I could see.

The original file size said something like 11GB, but the file size of the transferred file is only 2.7GB, and the file on the Mac Mini plays fine but is only about 35 minutes long instead of the full 2:30.

Did the transfer fail, or is there a limit in terms of the file size and/or length of program that can be transferred?

Thanks.

Edited by mpwoodward, 04 October 2009 - 08:27 AM.

#2 patatrox

patatrox

Roxio Mac Guy

• Roxio Staff
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (mpwoodward @ Oct 4 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the latest (beta 3) version of TiVo Transfer and Toast 10 Titanium running on a Mac Mini.

I transferred a 2 hour 30 minute HD recording from a TiVo Series 3 to the Mac Mini yesterday, and let it run overnight. It completed and didn't throw any errors that I could see.

The original file size said something like 11GB, but the file size of the transferred file is only 2.7GB, and the file on the Mac Mini plays fine but is only about 35 minutes long instead of the full 2:30.

Did the transfer fail, or is there a limit in terms of the file size and/or length of program that can be transferred?

Thanks.

There is no limit, somehow the transfer failed.

I'd try it again, but also make sure you download the beta 4 version that was posted friday!

- patatrox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users