• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dimensia

dimensia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

Hi, is there any way to make the Tivo Transfer transfer files faster?  It takes several hours to transfer a single hour-long HD episode over my local LAN.

Also, it would be nice if there was an option with "Delete" that would delete the video not only on the local computer but also remotely on the Tivo.  My most common workflow is that I pull a TV show off the Tivo and watch it on my computer and then am done with the TV show.

Anyway, I love this service.  I watch my Tivo on my computer more than I do on my TV.

#2 nhoward5040

nhoward5040

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

It presently takes me around 10 to 12 hours to transfer a 2 hours program from my Tivo to my computer.  THis seems somewhat excessive, to say the least.  Under Toast 8, it usually took around 2 hours to transfer a 2 hours program.  Is anyone else's this slow????  If not, what are suggestions that I can try to speed it up to a reasonable time.  (My wireless internet speed is quite good, so it's not that.)  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nancy

QUOTE (dimensia @ Oct 11 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, is there any way to make the Tivo Transfer transfer files faster?  It takes several hours to transfer a single hour-long HD episode over my local LAN.

Also, it would be nice if there was an option with "Delete" that would delete the video not only on the local computer but also remotely on the Tivo.  My most common workflow is that I pull a TV show off the Tivo and watch it on my computer and then am done with the TV show.

Anyway, I love this service.  I watch my Tivo on my computer more than I do on my TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users