5 replies to this topic

#1 d031799

d031799

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:08 AM

I'm on 10.6.1

Yesterday I made the update to 10.0.3 - CDSD is now working with Snow but the export to itunes doesn't work. The new playlist 'CD Spin Doctor' was already created but the transmission is no working, no tracks appear. Any idea?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 09:06 AM

Read some of the other recent threads here about CD SpinDoctor and some issues with saving files. My sense is you need to first successfully save a file before the export to iTunes will work properly. As a workaround you can drag tracks to the Finder and import to iTunes from there.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 freddyp

freddyp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (tsantee @ Oct 26 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read some of the other recent threads here about CD SpinDoctor and some issues with saving files. My sense is you need to first successfully save a file before the export to iTunes will work properly. As a workaround you can drag tracks to the Finder and import to iTunes from there.

I have the same problem and reported it to Roxio with no results yet. CDSD definitely does not work the way it used to in 10.0.
I can auto capture (sometimes even this does not work at all) then I get a waveform to define tracks, which I do, then I tell it to send it to ITunes. I get the windows (very quickly) that say it's being sent, ITunes does show that it was opened (in the dock) but nothing gets there and the waveform is nowhere to be found!
This is not the way it should be working, Roxio must have messed up when it tried to fix the kernal extension problem with CDSD 6.1.1.

FYI: I can send tracks to ITunes if they are created via the "start new recording" button, so the CDSD must have a bug.

Fred

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,340 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (freddyp @ Oct 26 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so the CDSD must have a bug.

Fred

Oh yes. More than one, I'm afraid. After trial and error and using the tips posted in other threads here the current version does work. It's just that it doesn't work as the developer intended. Once you learn to sidestep the bugs it does its job.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 d031799

d031799

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (freddyp @ Oct 26 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the same problem and reported it to Roxio with no results yet. CDSD definitely does not work the way it used to in 10.0.
I can auto capture (sometimes even this does not work at all) then I get a waveform to define tracks, which I do, then I tell it to send it to ITunes. I get the windows (very quickly) that say it's being sent, ITunes does show that it was opened (in the dock) but nothing gets there and the waveform is nowhere to be found!
This is not the way it should be working, Roxio must have messed up when it tried to fix the kernal extension problem with CDSD 6.1.1.

FYI: I can send tracks to ITunes if they are created via the "start new recording" button, so the CDSD must have a bug.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Could you please let me know if you you get an answer from Roxio.

Thanks in advance

#6 freddyp

freddyp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (d031799 @ Oct 31 2009, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Fred,

Could you please let me know if you you get an answer from Roxio.

Thanks in advance

After three trouble tix I got no answer from Roxio and the tix were closed. The last one referred to the previous two and was closed without any answer or advice. Maybe a trouble report from you and others will get their attention.
I'm monitoring this site and waiting for new releases of Toast (10.0.4 apparently fixes BD stuff, not CDSD).

Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users