Axlman

MyDVD-Limit to only 999 pictures in a slide show?

Question

Hi,

I'm using MyDVD within Creator Pro 2010. I've been working on a Wedding DVD with almost 1300 pictures.

It has music, and intro and of course menus.

When I opened my saved project this morning, I got a message stating that I have more than 999 pictures in the slideshow and it needs to be corrected.

My question is: Does the software really only limit a user to only up to 999 pictures or is that based off the blank DVD setting that is chosen? Right now the default is 4.7gb which of course I will be burning to a DL +R

i'm trying to stay away from splitting the project between 2+ disks

Thanks for any help.

3 answers to this question

You suggest that the show is 4.7GB---Forget that. What is the length in "Time" ??

Frank...

Given that there is limitation of images you can use per slideshow (I couldn't find the post or website link that I vaguely remember having a discussion on this) , why don't just create multiple slideshows using Videowave. Group your pictures in some ways and create a slideshow for each group. Then import all those Videowave productions in MyDVD as separate titles.

Even with 5 seconds per picture (no transitions or special effects), you total video time is about 1hr 48 min for the 1300 pictures.

Edited by malatekid

Given that there is limitation of images you can use per slideshow (I couldn't find the post or website link that I vaguely remember having a discussion on this) , why don't just create multiple slideshows using Videowave. Group your pictures in some ways and create a slideshow for each group. Then import all those Videowave productions in MyDVD as separate titles.

Even with 5 seconds per picture (no transitions or special effects), you total video time is about 1hr 48 min for the 1300 pictures.

Thanks for info and the advice. I didn't think about that. I'm still new to creating my own DVD's.