• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 going crazy

going crazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hi. We have Videowave MC that came preinstalled on a Dell Dimension 4600 in 2003. It has performed without difficulty for years and my wife just finished a major production that it will no longer open (of course just before we were going to render it).

We can see the file under "Productions" (including the size and last time it was saved) but when we click on it, the VideoWave program opens but then the file comes up completely blank. Not even the formatting is there.

Any ideas as to what might be going on? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (going crazy @ Nov 5 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. We have Videowave MC that came preinstalled on a Dell Dimension 4600 in 2003. It has performed without difficulty for years and my wife just finished a major production that it will no longer open (of course just before we were going to render it).

We can see the file under "Productions" (including the size and last time it was saved) but when we click on it, the VideoWave program opens but then the file comes up completely blank. Not even the formatting is there.

Any ideas as to what might be going on? Any help would be much appreciated.

My guess would be that it is upgrading to a later version of Internet Explorer.   I think anything over version 6 'breaks' VideoWave Movie Creator.

You can find further information about uninstalling and reinstalling IE here:  http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=23162

It could also be caused by moving one or more of the original files.   The program just 'links' to your original files, but that wouldn't explain why the formatting isn't there.

Let us know what you find or if you need more help.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users