• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

I have the following setup:

Macos 10.6.2
Popcorn 3.0.4
Tivo Transfer 2.0

I can download movies from my TiVos, but when I try to play them I get no sound.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks,
FR

#2 JohnnyLundy

JohnnyLundy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (frojas @ Nov 16 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the following setup:

Macos 10.6.2
Popcorn 3.0.4
Tivo Transfer 2.0

I can download movies from my TiVos, but when I try to play them I get no sound.

Thanks,
FR

Yes, same problem. There is sound in the file, because I can play it with QuickTime if I run it through Popcorn, but even then the sound gets way out of sync with the video.

Given this is the only post I have found with the same problem, it must be something on my setup or some setting I missed.

Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Toast Video Player, Popcorn 3.0.4 .

No audio when playing transferred TiVo files in Toast Video Player.

#3 trellus

trellus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

<!--quoteo(post=301219:date=Nov 16 2009, 05:48 AM:name=frojas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frojas @ Nov 16 2009, 05:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301219"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have the following setup:

Macos 10.6.2
Popcorn 3.0.4
Tivo Transfer 2.0

Thanks,
FR<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, same problem. There is sound in the file, because I can play it with QuickTime if I run it through Popcorn, but even then the sound gets way out of sync with the video.

Given this is the only post I have found with the same problem, it must be something on my setup or some setting I missed.

Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Toast Video Player, Popcorn 3.0.4 .

No audio when playing transferred TiVo files in Toast Video Player.

I have the same EXACT problem -- and audio works fine once it's converted with Popcorn, in my case, to H.264 files to play on my iPhone. So, I know the audio is in fact present in the file, but when the .tivo file is played by Toast Video Player, there is no sound. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4, Toast Video Player 1.02, and Popcorn 3.0.4. It used to work, but I hadn't watched the .tivo files in a while, so I don't know when it quit working.. could have been when I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

I have the same EXACT problem -- and audio works fine once it's converted with Popcorn, in my case, to H.264 files to play on my iPhone. So, I know the audio is in fact present in the file, but when the .tivo file is played by Toast Video Player, there is no sound. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4, Toast Video Player 1.02, and Popcorn 3.0.4. It used to work, but I hadn't watched the .tivo files in a while, so I don't know when it quit working.. could have been when I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard.

I don't know what is causing the problem but it might be fixed if you download and install the perian codec from perian.org.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 Jarrad

Jarrad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hello,

Download the Perian Codec. This does solve the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users