• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 rajsta

rajsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

ok yesterday i purchased creator 2010 via download.  

the problem im having is im getting an error message which says "VideoWave 12 has stopped working"

since downloading and installing roxio creator 2010 my laptop have started to stall and run slow. im having to open task manager to close the application down.  even typing this very minute i cannot see the text i am writing until about 5 seconds after ive typed it mad.gif

please bear in mind im by no means an experienced pc user. i only know how to do the basic of things. huh.gif

please advise on how to cure this.
thanks.
Dell xps m1330 windows vista. 32Bit.
intel core 2 duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz.
2.OO GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 M GS.

Rajsta Has Left The Building.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:06 AM

Sounds like your Ambitions were bigger than your Laptop  laugh.gif

There is a Repair option under Add/Remove Programs when you select Roxio. Do that.

And list your specs for your lap, like I have in my signatre.

Posted Image

#3 rajsta

rajsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Nov 19 2009, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a Repair option under Add/Remove Programs when you select Roxio. Do that.

jim i have updated my signature with the only info i can seem to find.

Edited by rajsta, 19 November 2009 - 05:08 AM.

2.OO GB RAM

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (rajsta @ Nov 19 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jim i have updated my signature with the only info i can seem to find.

Win-Pause — Device Manager — Hardware — what'cha got under Display adapters??? dry.gif

Did you try the Repair option yet???

If VW 12, which covers VideoWave as well as MyDVD, quits working in midstream, it is broken!

The only thing to fix that is Repair or the lengthy Clean Install process…

Posted Image

#5 rajsta

rajsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Nov 19 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Win-Pause — Device Manager — Hardware — what'cha got under Display adapters??? dry.gif

Did you try the Repair option yet???

yes ive tried the repair option, and it would not repair!  the laptop stalls.

ive also added the adapter info to my signature.

im now in the proccess of deleting roxio creator 2010 off the laptop and reinstalling it.
2.OO GB RAM

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (rajsta @ Nov 19 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes ive tried the repair option, and it would not repair!  the laptop stalls.

ive also added the adapter info to my signature.

im now in the proccess of deleting roxio creator 2010 off the laptop and reinstalling it.

That usually doesn't work… sad.gif

Clean Install is the preferred process - Vista/Win7

Your lap specs look fine.

Posted Image

#7 Don JD

Don JD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Nov 19 2009, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jim,
I think I saw you write this advice to someone else too, recently.  I have a similar problem and jumped on your advice.  However, when I get to "Roxio" in the Control Panel > Add/Remove > Roxio sequence, I do NOT have a "repair" option.  My only choice is "remove".  Does that vary with the operating system?  I am running Windows XP sp3 on a DELL Vostro 1.8ghz, 160 gig, 3gig ram laptop.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Don JD @ Nov 19 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jim,
I think I saw you write this advice to someone else too, recently.  I have a similar problem and jumped on your advice.  However, when I get to "Roxio" in the Control Panel > Add/Remove > Roxio sequence, I do NOT have a "repair" option.  My only choice is "remove".  Does that vary with the operating system?  I am running Windows XP sp3 on a DELL Vostro 1.8ghz, 160 gig, 3gig ram laptop.

XP you say???

Repair_1.jpg

Oh Ye of little faith!

Repair_2.jpg
Posted Image

#9 GFawkes

GFawkes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:26 PM

Also having the videowave 12 not responding error. Running a dell studio 64 bit, 6g ram, all the goodies, blue ray burner etc. have been burning dvds for 2 months with no errors. Upgraded to windows 7 ultimate and everytime I try to burn a dvd with my dvd I get the videowave 12 not responding error. I start my dvd, i highlight the .avi file that I wish to burn to DVD, click on the open button and then it all goes down the drain from there. At this point I use to get a preview of the movie, now I get a totally blank screen (black) but with the audio working as per normal. If I at this time click the bright round orange burn ball in the lower right corner of my dvd I then get the videowave 12 not responding error and my dvd stops responding and I get the whitened not responding screen.
I tried the repair option as has been suggested here and I guess because I downloaded my copy of 2010 and do not have it on dvd the repair system could not find the required files. So I have totally uninstalled roxio 2010, rebooted, then installed roxio 2010 again, and the 2010 content and the sp2 etc. but still get the same results.
Not a happy camper at this point in time.

Edited by GFawkes, 28 February 2010 - 02:31 PM.

#10 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:45 AM

To get at the needed files for repair, open the downloaded .exe file with winzip or winrar (it's a self-extracting archive), extract the files to a folder called anything you like and when asked for the disc, point the program at the folder (you coulf also try running setup.exe from the folder and see if you get the option hat way)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#11 Icruz

Icruz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

I have a Intel i-3 4G RAM, ATI Radeon x1650 1G RAM w/ recent driver updates, 500G HD w/ 90% free, Windows 7 Pro, recently upgraded ROXIO Creator 10 to 2010.  Creator 10 had no problems in Windows XP, when I upgraded to Windows 7 and upgraded to ROXIO creator 2010 is when the common hangups started to occur.  Maybe I got greedy for upgrades, but I had to burn in Blu.  
In doing my research, ATI/AMD admitted that Windows 7 is not supported and that you can update with the vista drivers at your own risk.  Since updating to Windows 7 I have noticed that there is no further driver updates to the last update I installed.  
While running my projects I too am suffering from the hang ups that is quickly becoming a scourge to me.  I initially thought that maybe my video was an issue, but after reading some of the issues on this site, I feel that it is something much deeper in the programming.  It appears to the layman that Windows 7's demand for newer drivers could be an issue.  However after having completed the ever daunting task of re-installaion for the third time, I am having some moderate success.  I have been able to subcide the hangs to long loading periods.  I have to save the data after every single change or risk the loss of the project.  I've had to redo entire segments of my videos several times and even loss entire sections due to hang ups.  I'm trudging through this problem with hopes that soon a patch will come to allow VideoWave to run as planned.  The irony is the rest of the Roxio suite works with no issues.  I forgot to mention that this project is a DVD and not a Blu-Ray, however the Blu-Ray version of this project is forthcoming.  Sorry this is so wordy...
\

#12 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:35 AM

Looks like you're at the mercy of AMD/ATI. A quick check on their website shows that NO graphics card from the Radeon x2500 and earlier will be supported.

As Creator 2010 depends heavily on graphics for processing, you're up the proverbial creek
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#13 Garry_mitchell74

Garry_mitchell74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

I too am having that problem.  In Videowave 12 I get the Stopped working error mesage when I try to add chapters to my Projects.  I am unable to make a ISO or burn a Disk.  When I do try to make a Disk or ISO it either hangs up at 20% or stops working all together.  

Here are my Computer Specs.

Intel i7 920 at 2.67 CPU
LG Blu Ray BUrner
G-Force GTX 260 1.8 GB Video card
Win 7 64-bit Home Premium
12 GB 1066 DDR3

I was having this same problem in my AMD 64X2 2.2 Ghz machine as well.  Can anyone help me here?

#14 reddy

reddy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:33 PM

When Im using roxio 2010, im getting an error as "videowave12 has stopped working". It happends during half way of burning process.
Im using Win Vista and I dont have repair features.

Thanks

View PostGarry_mitchell74, on 11 March 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

I too am having that problem.  In Videowave 12 I get the Stopped working error mesage when I try to add chapters to my Projects.  I am unable to make a ISO or burn a Disk.  When I do try to make a Disk or ISO it either hangs up at 20% or stops working all together.  

Intel i7 920 at 2.67 CPU
LG Blu Ray BUrner
12 GB 1066 DDR3

I was having this same problem in my AMD 64X2 2.2 Ghz machine as well.  Can anyone help me here?

#15 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:41 PM

It's a bit sneaky (not sure whether to blame MS or Roxio) but if you choose 'uninstall' in control panel you should get this coming up

uninstall.jpg

Select 'Repair' when you get it

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#16 reddy

reddy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:00 AM

Now I can see

View Postgi7omy, on 06 July 2010 - 07:41 PM, said:

It's a bit sneaky (not sure whether to blame MS or Roxio) but if you choose 'uninstall' in control panel you should get this coming up

Attachment uninstall.jpg

Select 'Repair' when you get it

#17 reddy

reddy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:52 PM

Unable to repair because cannot find the file name

View Postreddy, on 09 July 2010 - 02:00 AM, said:

Now I can see

#18 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

View Postreddy, on 09 July 2010 - 05:52 PM, said:

Unable to repair because cannot find the file name

Find what file name?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#19 cliffedge

cliffedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Amost everything. Anon5K on utube.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:44 PM

View PostGarry_mitchell74, on 11 March 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

Intel i7 920 at 2.67 CPU
LG Blu Ray BUrner
12 GB 1066 DDR3

Same problem I'm having. Also have Win 7 64bit 8GB Ram.........hp Elite. Not only does video 12 not respond, it tells me another program/application is using it. Uninstall and Reinstal not effective. Zip.

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

View Postcliffedge, on 11 November 2010 - 02:44 PM, said:

Same problem I'm having. Also have Win 7 64bit 8GB Ram.........hp Elite. Not only does video 12 not respond, it tells me another program/application is using it. Uninstall and Reinstal not effective. Zip.

Do you get that message when you install?  That means that one of the services may still be running.  Do you have Blackberry's Media Manager installed?

Uninstall the program with Revo Uninstaller in the MODERATE Mode. Do this, reinstall with your anti-virus OFF; not just paused.
Blue text are links.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users