• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Crystallized

Need clarification before purchasing please

Question

Hi all. I would like some clarification before I purchase to make sure I am purchasing the right product for what I am trying to accomplish.

I have recently transferred my 8mm videos to my computer. Some I saved as .WMVs and the rest as .MPGs.

I am hoping to edit these video files with titles, scene selection, etc (like a professional DVD would have) and save onto a DVD (not blu ray) that will work in a standard DVD player.

I was browsing the comparisons between MdDVD, Creator, etc and got a little confused. Can someone please point me in the direction of the correct software for what I'm trying to do? Much thanks in advance!

-Crystal

9 answers to this question

Hi all. I would like some clarification before I purchase to make sure I am purchasing the right product for what I am trying to accomplish.

I have recently transferred my 8mm videos to my computer. Some I saved as .WMVs and the rest as .MPGs.

I am hoping to edit these video files with titles, scene selection, etc (like a professional DVD would have) and save onto a DVD (not blu ray) that will work in a standard DVD player.

I was browsing the comparisons between MdDVD, Creator, etc and got a little confused. Can someone please point me in the direction of the correct software for what I'm trying to do? Much thanks in advance!

-Crystal

Creator 2009 is no longer in production. The new software is Creator 2010.

You use VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) to do the editing, then use MyDVD to do the scene selection and other menu work.

Both of the programs are in the Creator 2009 and Creator 2010 suites.

My DVD 10 is video editing ONLY. It has no audio editing/cd making/photo editing or backup support. Creator 10 has all of the above plus more.

My DVD 10 is video editing ONLY. It has no audio editing/cd making/photo editing or backup support. Creator 10 has all of the above plus more.

Steve, I am sure you meant Roxio Creator 2010 (since there is no such program as Creator 10 :rolleyes: )

I am sure you meant Roxio Creator 2010 (since there is no such program as Creator 10

and yes, there is a Roxio Creator 10!

No, that's a October 2007 Legacy Creator Product called, Easy Media Creator 10...

cd

No, that's a October 2007 Legacy Creator Product called, Easy Media Creator 10...

cd

picky, picky! OK, I stand corrected, Roxio Easy Media Creator 10! :)

We've had lots of confusion with this one Jurgen. The names were too close.

Steve, I am sure you meant Roxio Creator 2010 (since there is no such program as Creator 10 :rolleyes: )

Yep, fingers slipped ! :P

Sign in to follow this