• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Annemarie Jonker

Annemarie Jonker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

Payed a lot of money to buy this program and it doesn't work on the Mac Book.

Program installed in the program file.... then you click to open the program and the only thing that is does is show it's icon on the deskop and then dissapire.....

What wrong with it....

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

My guess is you have some xvid codec(s) in one of your Library>Quicktime folders. Remove those (use perian instead) and Popcorn should launch. Also, be sure to download the most recent Popcorn 3 update.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 silver66

silver66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

I also paid a lot of money...
I have installed it in my applications folder and when I double click it, it does nothing.. it won't open.
I do not have and stuff in my quicktime folder that would affect this from running. I had popcorn 2 running just fine and was happy, I bought 3 and installed it from the original CD and put it in the applications in the Popcorn folder.

I deleted the popcorn folder with 2 and 3 in it and had to reinstall from the CD
I think this is a problem. I believe that the software put something into the logic board so that when I deleted 3 and reinstalled it, it now knows that this is the second installation and will not allow me to run it.

Other than that I don't know why it won't run, I'm running a 17" Mac Book Pro 3.1 with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz prosser and Lepord 10.5.8

And where is the free upgrade, looks like its $15.00... that's ridiculous.

Edited by silver66, 31 July 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

View Postsilver66, on 30 July 2010 - 02:58 PM, said:

I also paid a lot of money...
I have installed it in my applications folder and when I double click it, it does nothing.. it won't open.
I do not have and stuff in my quicktime folder that would affect this from running. I had popcorn 2 running just fine and was happy, I bought 3 and installed it from the original CD and put it in the applications in the Popcorn folder.

I deleted the popcorn folder with 2 and 3 in it and had to reinstall from the CD
I think this is a problem. I believe that the software put something into the logic board so that when I deleted 3 and reinstalled it, it now knows that this is the second installation and will not allow me to run it.

Other than that I don't know why it won't run, I'm running a 17" Mac Book Pro 3.1 with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz prosser and Lepord 10.5.8
Make certain you have downloaded and installed the latest Popcorn 3 update. Popcorn 3 preceded OS 10.5 so the update is needed for compatibility with your OS.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 green beam

green beam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

i have tried to install popcorn 3.0 from an original roxio retail-cd  ( on my imac 24" 3,06ghz  mac os 10.5.8 ) but i can not start it .

i found out that there is a newer version out , but i can't download it .

- always when i click on "download" , an advertisment for toast10 comes up and when i click this away ,
   whith "no,i want my update" i get kicked back to the beginning (support-roxio customer care ) .

tried this several times , always with the same results . i can't download the update  3.0.4

can anybody help me

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,560 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

View Postgreen beam, on 21 September 2010 - 04:07 AM, said:

i have tried to install popcorn 3.0 from an original roxio retail-cd  ( on my imac 24" 3,06ghz  mac os 10.5.8 ) but i can not start it .

i found out that there is a newer version out , but i can't download it .

- always when i click on "download" , an advertisment for toast10 comes up and when i click this away ,
   whith "no,i want my update" i get kicked back to the beginning (support-roxio customer care ) .

tried this several times , always with the same results . i can't download the update  3.0.4

can anybody help me
Try restarting your Mac while holding down the Shift key and then go to Roxio's software updates page and try the download again.

#7 warriorfullights

warriorfullights

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Hhmmm.. I haven't encountered this problem.. I am using MacBook Air, though. But I guess it has no difference to Pro. Popcorn 3 works perfectly on my end until now. I will posts right away if anything unusual happen.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users