• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ktpardue

ktpardue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 07:56 AM

Hi --I have a 23" widescreen monitor. The default position of the Roxio desktop icon is close to the middle of my screen, which is very annoying. I am tired of moving the icon to the edge of the screen every time I boot up my computer. Is there a way to re-position the icon to a new default location on the desktop? If it is a registry hack, I can do that. Just let me know how to do it.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,859 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (ktpardue @ Dec 25 2009, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi --I have a 23" widescreen monitor. The default position of the Roxio desktop icon is close to the middle of my screen, which is very annoying. I am tired of moving the icon to the edge of the screen every time I boot up my computer. Is there a way to re-position the icon to a new default location on the desktop? If it is a registry hack, I can do that. Just let me know how to do it.

You never mentioned what operating system your using?

Because of that it might be a bit different.

Right click a empty spot on your desk top, W-7 it's view, then play with arrange icons or allign icons to grid...

The othe OS's, XP and Vista should ne similar...

cd

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,959 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (ktpardue @ Dec 25 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

REMOVE the "Align to Grid" check mark from the steps cd suggested. Then you can move any Icon anywhere on the desk top you like.

Frank...

#4 ktpardue

ktpardue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (REDWAGON @ Dec 25 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
REMOVE the "Align to Grid" check mark from the steps cd suggested. Then you can move any Icon anywhere on the desk top you like.

Frank...

Hi all,
Thanks! I am running Vista. In response to both replies, I removed the "align to grid", re-positioned the icon to where I wanted it, and rebooted the computer. The icon is back in the center of my screen. The way it behaves makes me think this is determined by the program. I really think this needs a registry hack...

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

This is controlled by your OS and nothing else!

Put it where you want it and turn off 'Auto arrange icons'.

Image1.jpg

#6 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,959 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Dec 25 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Image1.jpg

Thanks Jim !! I forgot to add that item to be unchecked as well. Should definitely work for him now biggrin.gif

Frank...

#7 ktpardue

ktpardue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Dec 25 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Image1.jpg

Yes, I understand that. I followed the instructions from both replies to my post. Nevertheless, this is what I get:

I see that the icon in your screenshot are the program shortcuts. I am referring to the drag and drop icon as you see. I apologize for not making that clearer. So, given this new info, do you have other possible solutions?

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (ktpardue @ Dec 25 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that the icon in your screenshot are the program shortcuts. I am referring to the drag and drop icon as you see. I apologize for not making that clearer. So, given this new info, do you have other possible solutions?

You betcha! Drive a wooden stake through its' heart!!!

Start msconfig Startup tab clear that checkmark!

Roxio_Burn___mscongif.jpg

It is a self-important program that nobody really needs. (of course there are 2 users out there that think it is indespensable... You two turn your head laugh.gif )

#9 ktpardue

ktpardue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Jim_Hardin @ Dec 25 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You betcha! Drive a wooden stake through its' heart!!!

Start msconfig Startup tab clear that checkmark!

Roxio_Burn___mscongif.jpg

It is a self-important program that nobody really needs. (of course there are 2 users out there that think it is indespensable... You two turn your head laugh.gif )

Will do, and thanks!

#10 banderadq@austin.rr.com

banderadq@austin.rr.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Tested only on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
---------------------------------------------

Edit this file with the Roxio Burn icon position you want
"C:\Users\{User-account-name}\AppData\Roaming\Roxio\Roxio Burn\Roxio Burn{Drive-Letter}.ini"
This file is only read when you login to your account, so you must logoff, and login to see the effects of your edits

Y coordinate: Zero (0) == Top edge of screen, positive numbers go downward (towards the bottom of the screen)
Y coordinate: Apparent maximum about 800 (on 1280x1024 native resolution LCD display)

X coordinate: Zero (0) == Left edge of screen, positive numbers go to the right
X coordinate: Setting of about 1000 places icon near the right side of the screen (on 1280x1024 native resolution LCD display)

Coordinate values appear to be in raw pixels at the resolution being used / displayed for the desktop

Final settings for my INI file:
---------------

[Roxio Burn]
Postion_X=1008
Postion_Y=792

---------------

Good luck

Edited by banderadq@austin.rr.com, 08 April 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#11 RickGS

RickGS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, HTML, CSS, PHP, Photography, Hiking, Reading

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

​Works on Windows 10 Pro x64 v1703 build 15063

I've lived with the Roxio Burn App icon (Is that what it is called?) appearing to close to the right edge for almost 7 years. I have been working for weeks to change my old laptop, a Studio 1558, from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using a clean install. I was determined to find a fix for the Roxio Burn App position problem. The fix posted by banderadq works in Windows 10 Pro x64 1703.

#12 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,127 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Thank you for the feedback, Rick.

You didn't mention which version of Creator you are running in Windows 10.

It would be interesting to know that, and if it is an old version, to hear how your Creator is running in Windows 10.

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users