rutica

rotate video?

Question

Hello,

I have EMC10. Two questions regarding Videowave:

1). For a photo, can I circle something in the picture or add an arrow? I didn't see any special characters in Videowave. I know the option could be to add the circle or arrow to the photo before importing to Videowave, but if Videowave lets me do it, it will save me a step. What I want is to show the photo, then add text saying 'here she is' and then have a circle appear around a person in my photo.

2). I shot a video holding the camera vertically. Now the video is sideways. Does Videowave have an option to rotate a video 90 degrees? I know i can rotate a photo, but I couldn't find that option for a video.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I have EMC10. Two questions regarding Videowave:

1). For a photo, can I circle something in the picture or add an arrow? I didn't see any special characters in Videowave. I know the option could be to add the circle or arrow to the photo before importing to Videowave, but if Videowave lets me do it, it will save me a step. What I want is to show the photo, then add text saying 'here she is' and then have a circle appear around a person in my photo.

2). I shot a video holding the camera vertically. Now the video is sideways. Does Videowave have an option to rotate a video 90 degrees? I know i can rotate a photo, but I couldn't find that option for a video.

Thanks!

1) You cannot do it easily in Video Wave; it would involve using an overlay with a transparent background. As you know, you can edit the photo in Photosuite

2) Start a new project. Add a color panel (your choice of color ) to the main video track; make it slightly longer than the video. Add the sideways video to the overlay track. You'll get that option. Turn the overlay sideways using the corners. Realize that the aspect ration will be off. "Output the video to a mpg2 for DVD best quality" file. It will take some time to encode. When it is finished, start a new project and add that file. You can then do any editing.

thank you for writing.

1). too bad videowave doesn't have special characters and symbols, that would be helpful.

2). I tried your suggestion and it worked! thanks! The only part I couldn't do in your instructions was where you wrote: "Turn the overlay sideways using the corners." I couldn't turn it sideways using the corners--I could only move it and change the size using the corners, but i couldn't rotate. I had to go to Settings, click on the Position icon, and change the Rotation to 270.

Thanks again!

thank you for writing.

1). too bad videowave doesn't have special characters and symbols, that would be helpful.

2). I tried your suggestion and it worked! thanks! The only part I couldn't do in your instructions was where you wrote: "Turn the overlay sideways using the corners." I couldn't turn it sideways using the corners--I could only move it and change the size using the corners, but i couldn't rotate. I had to go to Settings, click on the Position icon, and change the Rotation to 270.

Thanks again!

What you did, IMHO, is the easiest way to rotate any overlay. That is the way I do it, too.

i couldn't rotate the overlay any other way. i know Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, etc. has those little mini circles that can rotate an object, but i didn't see that in videowave. so i'm not sure what sknis meant by "Turn the overlay sideways using the corners".

well anyway, sknis's method works great.

I may have misremembered ! :o:P

I'm glad you got it sorted out anyway.