• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fgreen

Fgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:32 AM

I have captured a vhs video to disc using HQ - Video is 2 1/2 hours long.

Now I want to burn the disc using MyDVD.

It comes up saying "not enough space" on DVD and the "Burn" button is greyed out.

Quality is set at "Fit to Disc"

I would rather have quality set to High Quality HQ and burn to multiple discs ( Should take 3 discs with video at 2 1/2 hours long - right ), but how is this done?

I'm using new Verbatim DVD-R 4.7 Gig 16X discs.

Running Windows 7 version of Easy VHS to DVD on a Windows 7 Premium system

Intel I5 core processor
8 GIG Memory
HP DVD-RAM GH40L
850 GIG free disc space

Edited by Fgreen, 02 January 2010 - 08:28 AM.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

I would rather have quality set to High Quality HQ and burn to multiple discs ( Should take 3 discs with video at 2 1/2 hours long - right ), but how is this done?

Then you edit/split it into three separate movies in videowave...

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Fgreen

Fgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Jan 2 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you edit/split it into three separate movies in videowave...

cd

How do you step by step split it into 3 seperate movies in Videowave?

I've looked all over videowave and see nothing about splitting a movie into seperate pieces.

Thanks for your help.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,465 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (Fgreen @ Jan 2 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do you step by step split it into 3 seperate movies in Videowave?

I've looked all over videowave and see nothing about splitting a movie into seperate pieces.

Thanks for your help.

Video is 2 1/2 hours long =150 miutes split in three = 50 minutes...

Open videowave choose 4.3 or 16.9, add your movie under, top left, Add Photo/Video. At the bottom, Production Editor change to Timeline, drag the horizontal bar to 50 minutes, right click the time line, click split. On the right side of the timeline bar past the split, right click, click delete. Now up top click output, export as, save your production and the make movie window appears, under purpose choose DVD Playback, under video file quality choose MPG-2 for DVD best quality, click create video file....

Spliting and deleting sections in timeline doesn't alter the original file on your hard drive..

Go back and make two splits 50, 100, right click left of 50, click delete, right click right of 100, click delete, output/export as like above. Go back do the samething two splits 50 and 100, right click left of 50 and 100 right click delete output/export as like above...Burn the three seperate files to three DVD's...

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 Fgreen

Fgreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (cdanteek @ Jan 2 2010, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Video is 2 1/2 hours long =150 miutes split in three = 50 minutes...

Open videowave choose 4.3 or 16.9, add your movie under, top left, Add Photo/Video. At the bottom, Production Editor change to Timeline, drag the horizontal bar to 50 minutes, right click the time line, click split. On the right side of the timeline bar past the split, right click, click delete. Now up top click output, export as, save your production and the make movie window appears, under purpose choose DVD Playback, under video file quality choose MPG-2 for DVD best quality, click create video file....

Spliting and deleting sections in timeline doesn't alter the original file on your hard drive..

Go back and make two splits 50, 100, right click left of 50, click delete, right click right of 100, click delete, output/export as like above. Go back do the samething two splits 50 and 100, right click left of 50 and 100 right click delete output/export as like above...Burn the three seperate files to three DVD's...

cd

Thanks, I will give that a try & let you know how it turns out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users