Fgreen

How to burn a large movie to multiple discs

Question

I have captured a vhs video to disc using HQ - Video is 2 1/2 hours long.

Now I want to burn the disc using MyDVD.

It comes up saying "not enough space" on DVD and the "Burn" button is greyed out.

Quality is set at "Fit to Disc"

I would rather have quality set to High Quality HQ and burn to multiple discs ( Should take 3 discs with video at 2 1/2 hours long - right ), but how is this done?

I'm using new Verbatim DVD-R 4.7 Gig 16X discs.

Running Windows 7 version of Easy VHS to DVD on a Windows 7 Premium system

Intel I5 core processor

8 GIG Memory

HP DVD-RAM GH40L

850 GIG free disc space

Edited by Fgreen

4 answers to this question

I would rather have quality set to High Quality HQ and burn to multiple discs ( Should take 3 discs with video at 2 1/2 hours long - right ), but how is this done?

Then you edit/split it into three separate movies in videowave...

cd

Then you edit/split it into three separate movies in videowave...

cd

How do you step by step split it into 3 seperate movies in Videowave?

I've looked all over videowave and see nothing about splitting a movie into seperate pieces.

Thanks for your help.

How do you step by step split it into 3 seperate movies in Videowave?

I've looked all over videowave and see nothing about splitting a movie into seperate pieces.

Thanks for your help.

Video is 2 1/2 hours long =150 miutes split in three = 50 minutes...

Open videowave choose 4.3 or 16.9, add your movie under, top left, Add Photo/Video. At the bottom, Production Editor change to Timeline, drag the horizontal bar to 50 minutes, right click the time line, click split. On the right side of the timeline bar past the split, right click, click delete. Now up top click output, export as, save your production and the make movie window appears, under purpose choose DVD Playback, under video file quality choose MPG-2 for DVD best quality, click create video file....

Spliting and deleting sections in timeline doesn't alter the original file on your hard drive..

Go back and make two splits 50, 100, right click left of 50, click delete, right click right of 100, click delete, output/export as like above. Go back do the samething two splits 50 and 100, right click left of 50 and 100 right click delete output/export as like above...Burn the three seperate files to three DVD's...

cd

Video is 2 1/2 hours long =150 miutes split in three = 50 minutes...

Open videowave choose 4.3 or 16.9, add your movie under, top left, Add Photo/Video. At the bottom, Production Editor change to Timeline, drag the horizontal bar to 50 minutes, right click the time line, click split. On the right side of the timeline bar past the split, right click, click delete. Now up top click output, export as, save your production and the make movie window appears, under purpose choose DVD Playback, under video file quality choose MPG-2 for DVD best quality, click create video file....

Spliting and deleting sections in timeline doesn't alter the original file on your hard drive..

Go back and make two splits 50, 100, right click left of 50, click delete, right click right of 100, click delete, output/export as like above. Go back do the samething two splits 50 and 100, right click left of 50 and 100 right click delete output/export as like above...Burn the three seperate files to three DVD's...

cd

Thanks, I will give that a try & let you know how it turns out.