• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tannenbaum

tannenbaum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hello. I recently purchased a Pro-Ject Debut III USB turntable and I've been attempting to rip vinyl via CD Spin Doctor (version 3.1).

I've used the app many times without any problems on a different turntable. But when I plug the Pro-Ject into my Mac and run Spin Doctor, I get files with huge amounts of distortion.

I can't adjust the input volume -- once I select USB Audio CODEC as my input device, the input volume goes gray and the levels frequently bounce into the red. However, I'm hearing distortion even in recorded passages in the green and yellow areas.

Any suggestions? I'm on an Intel Core Duo iMac, using OS X (version 10.5.8). Thanks for the help.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,515 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:41 AM

I suggest getting QuickTime Pro to record your audio files and then use those files in Spin Doctor. I no longer having that old version of Spin Doctor but I'm presuming it can open existing AIFF files. I don't know for certain if the audio distortion problem will be different with QuickTime Pro, but you will be using a capture application supported for your OS version.

Or maybe it's finally time to get Toast 10.

Edited by tsantee, 12 January 2010 - 09:42 AM.

I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users