• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 squawker

squawker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

Roxio creator 10. Saved from Videowave to MyDVD. If I open new project DVD no menus, I loose the linking option from "View settings". If I use new project with menu option and the go to link option, I link to my file but it keeps going back to the menu after it plays in the dvd player. I have tried several combinations of go to and after links and sometimes it plays the file twice, but still converts to the dvd menu. If I go to the project settings menu, the option to continuously play the movie is not available to click. Can anyone answer this? No answer from support, and I had a live chat support person who checked out right when he was about to answer my question...Julius..are you out there?

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (squawker @ Jan 15 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roxio creator 10. Saved from Videowave to MyDVD. If I open new project DVD no menus, I loose the linking option from "View settings". If I use new project with menu option and the go to link option, I link to my file but it keeps going back to the menu after it plays in the dvd player. I have tried several combinations of go to and after links and sometimes it plays the file twice, but still converts to the dvd menu. If I go to the project settings menu, the option to continuously play the movie is not available to click. Can anyone answer this? No answer from support, and I had a live chat support person who checked out right when he was about to answer my question...Julius..are you out there?

I am sorry but your post is very confusing. I don't even know what you are trying to create. A DVD with menus or a DVD with no menus?
What does "Saved from Videowave to MyDVD" mean"? What "linking option from View settings"? If you create a DVD with no menus then obviously you cannot have a "linking options"

It would really help if you explained better what you are doing? How many titles (Movies) in your project. You seem to be posting about 2 different projects, one with a menu and one without a menu. It would be best to stick with just one project and get that sorted out.

BTW, there is no Roxio Creator 10. There is a Roxio Creator 2010 and a Easy Media Creator 10. These two version (2 years apart) are continuously being confused by poster don't use the correct names (and because of Roxio/Sonic's confusing naming process)

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:22 AM

Roxio tech support people do not usually read these topics so Julius is not here.

Only one or two Roxio people come here and you can tell who they are by their avatar.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 squawker

squawker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

Thank you for responding. I appreciate the help.  I hope I am in the Roxio Community Roxio Creator 2010 "How to" and Usability forum. That's what it says at the top of my computer.

Roxio Creator 2010. I have created a project in Roxio Videowave (Edit Video Advanced) with photos and with music placed in the music track. This part of Roxio is great. The transitioning and music are working beautifully.

From Roxio Videowave, I select the Roxio MyDVD button at the top, and Roxio MyDVD opens. It automatically defaults to a Roxio menu that I can customize. It's blue with stars(?), has a menu audio, I have an option to add motion, etc. This default menu is a nice feature, I just can't use it on this project and another I am trying to save.

I want to save my file to dvd that will contuously play from a dvd player without returning to the default Roxio dvd menu (blue with stars mentioned above) after it plays. It doesn't matter if I save it with a default menu or without a menu. I just need to know how to save it so the file loops continuously once it's in the dvd player.

My "How to" quest (through Google) led me to Roxio community "How to Loop DVDs". (I've been unsuccessful in locating instructions for continuous play in any Roxio software support information by searching "continuous looping of dvd", "looping", etc. maybe it's called something else?) I save my file and play it in a dvd player to view it on a television. My dvd still does not loop. It returns to the Roxio dvd default menu (the blue menu with stars mentioned above) after it plays.

In Roxio MyDVD, according to the Roxio Knowledgebase Article 00106CR instructions, I should be able to select this option in View Settings. A pop up menu appears, and I have tried several combinations in the Go To and After Playing options and none have worked. It keeps going back to that pesky menu (blue with stars mentioned above).

In Roxio MyDVD, I have tried several ways of saving. If I go to File/New Project/DVD No Menu, I add my saved VideoWave file (Add Movie), but in Project Settings, the option for continuously playing my file (movie) is grayed out. It saves to a dvd, but I have no option available to ask it to save as a continuosly looping DVD, and it doesn't loop.

Maybe I am just missing something completely obvious? I like Roxio, but this looping quest is completely frustrating me. Again, I appreciate any insight.

I am sorry but your post is very confusing. I don't even know what you are trying to create. A DVD with menus or a DVD with no menus?
What does "Saved from Videowave to MyDVD" mean"? What "linking option from View settings"? If you create a DVD with no menus then obviously you cannot have a "linking options"

It would really help if you explained better what you are doing? How many titles (Movies) in your project. You seem to be posting about 2 different projects, one with a menu and one without a menu. It would be best to stick with just one project and get that sorted out.

BTW, there is no Roxio Creator 10. There is a Roxio Creator 2010 and a Easy Media Creator 10. These two version (2 years apart) are continuously being confused by poster don't use the correct names (and because of Roxio/Sonic's confusing naming process)
[/quote]

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,880 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (squawker @ Jan 16 2010, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for responding. I appreciate the help.  I hope I am in the Roxio Community Roxio Creator 2010 "How to" and Usability forum. That's what it says at the top of my computer.

Roxio Creator 2010. I have created a project in Roxio Videowave (Edit Video Advanced) with photos and with music placed in the music track. This part of Roxio is great. The transitioning and music are working beautifully.

From Roxio Videowave, I select the Roxio MyDVD button at the top, and Roxio MyDVD opens. It automatically defaults to a Roxio menu that I can customize. It's blue with stars(?), has a menu audio, I have an option to add motion, etc. This default menu is a nice feature, I just can't use it on this project and another I am trying to save.

I want to save my file to dvd that will contuously play from a dvd player without returning to the default Roxio dvd menu (blue with stars mentioned above) after it plays. It doesn't matter if I save it with a default menu or without a menu. I just need to know how to save it so the file loops continuously once it's in the dvd player.

My "How to" quest (through Google) led me to Roxio community "How to Loop DVDs". (I've been unsuccessful in locating instructions for continuous play in any Roxio software support information by searching "continuous looping of dvd", "looping", etc. maybe it's called something else?) I save my file and play it in a dvd player to view it on a television. My dvd still does not loop. It returns to the Roxio dvd default menu (the blue menu with stars mentioned above) after it plays.

In Roxio MyDVD, according to the Roxio Knowledgebase Article 00106CR instructions, I should be able to select this option in View Settings. A pop up menu appears, and I have tried several combinations in the Go To and After Playing options and none have worked. It keeps going back to that pesky menu (blue with stars mentioned above).

In Roxio MyDVD, I have tried several ways of saving. If I go to File/New Project/DVD No Menu, I add my saved VideoWave file (Add Movie), but in Project Settings, the option for continuously playing my file (movie) is grayed out. It saves to a dvd, but I have no option available to ask it to save as a continuosly looping DVD, and it doesn't loop.

Maybe I am just missing something completely obvious? I like Roxio, but this looping quest is completely frustrating me. Again, I appreciate any insight.

To create a continuously looping DVD is quite simple. You actually did it already but did not realize it.

When you create a "DVD, no menus"d you have actually created a looping DVD. There is no further action required. Once burned to DVD it should loop when played in a DVD player. You might have to change some setting on you player though to allow looping.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#6 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,236 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

QUOTE (squawker @ Jan 16 2010, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
........I want to save my file to dvd that will contuously play from a dvd player without returning to the default Roxio dvd menu (blue with stars mentioned above) after it plays. It doesn't matter if I save it with a default menu or without a menu. I just need to know how to save it so the file loops continuously once it's in the dvd player................

It's very simple to make a Video-DVD that will "continuously loop".

Open MyDVD
Select the No-Menu type project
Add your Videowave project
Add chapter marks if you want (optional)
Burn it to disc

A Video-DVD that has no menus will loop automatically. This is part of the Video-DVD standards, so you don't need to do anything to "make it" loop. No settings need to be changed.

If it will make you feel better, as a test, make a small no menu project of about 15 to 30 secs. Burn that to an erasable disc and play it in your player to see that it does work. It's a good idea to have a couple of those around anyway to do some testing.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users