• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pete B.

Pete B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:42 AM

I can't consistently burn TiVo transferred movies to a blank DVD, even when they are less than 4.6 GB in size according to the TiVo Transfer column marked "Size."   The movies aren't recorded in HD.   I get the error message that says I can't burn the movie because my blank DVD disc doesn't have enough room.  I notice that the size of the movie when Toast is preparing to burn it is larger than the size when it was listed on the TiVo Transfer screen.  I seem to remember being able to successfully burn movies of equal or greater duration and size in a previous version of TiVo transfer.  I am using TiVo Transfer Version 2.0.  I have a Macbook Pro, running Mac OS X Version 10.6.2.  My version of Toast 10 Titanium is 10.0.5.  Anyone help here?

#2 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Try this

#3 Pete B.

Pete B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (firenhancer @ Jan 18 2010, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try this

I trashed the file you suggested...but no help with the problem of space available on the blank DVD.  

I now notice that when I press "Play" when I've got a movie that I transferred (into TiVo Transfer), and Toast's Player comes up, that the movie plays as a series of flashing-moving squares (like I sometimes see on my HD TV when my cable connection is disrupted).  I can watch the same movie on my TV successfully from it's storage place on my TiVo.

Any idea what's going on?

#4 firenhancer

firenhancer

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:32 PM

1. Playback issue could be related to connectivity issues. Try setting connections - Tivo, Router, system etc.
2. Try saving the Video as a disc image instead of burning to a DVD and then try burning the saved disc image file to a DVD.

BTW are you able to post the details on size of source vs target DVD media. What does the Toast disc indicator on the bottom show?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users